Vote "yes" on question 5

Stein

Stein
I'm just going to make one statement here:

If you have cancer, you can be put into two groups: You're going to die within a year or two, or your cancer is going to be fought off and you're not going to die.

If you don't have a fatal cancer, smoking weed is just going to make it worse. If you're going to die, go ahead and buy your own weed, its just a relaxant anyway.

BluWRX02

blue_gt id love to meet u in person and lets talk face to face or simply pm me offstage...

Last edited by a moderator:

Iboc_C64

Weed is a drug the same way alcohol is; you can be addicted to weed, just like you can be an alcoholic.
Just gotta throw in my 2 cents on this one. It depends on how you define addiction. If its something that makes you want to do it because you like it, then I guess it can be addicting. So can eating, drinking water, sleeping, having sex, hunting (killing stuff), exercising.... wow I guess just about everything must be addicting. Now if you define it as a physical addiction that will cause you withdrawls like Ciggarettes, Alcohol, Cocain, Heroin, Meth, Extasy, Opium, Opiates, Perscription Pain Killers, or even cough syrup, then I don't buy it. Its not addicting by this definition because there are no withdrawls. It might cause you to simply wish you had some because it would be nice, but if don't you will just find something else to do, something preferably constructive that does not involve killing brain cells for pleasure. I have also never heard of any claim with proof that it reacted with another perscription or substance and caused side effects. Actually the only side effects that I have ever heard of is 1. Paranoia and 2. Smoking yourself sober.
default_wink.png

Stein

Stein
It doesn't mean that more than 61% of people think its a good idea.

I forsee people demanding pot from their doctors, smoking it, having their cancer get worse, and suing their doctors for it. I wonder how many cancer doctors will actually prescribe it except to terminal patients?

stiXXX

Nate, you're in High School, simmer down.

Educate yourself: There has never been a single case of cancer attributed solely to smoking marijuana, that I can find, documented.

Generally, doctors don't prescribe smoking anything to people with, say, lung cancer.

Those folks orally ingest (eat) it.

If you really want to educate yourself, and not just repeat the Fox News-based gibberish you've been told, read "The Emperor Wears No Clothes", by Jack Herer.

TheNailman

Warcock
There has never been a single case of cancer attributed solely to smoking marijuana, that I can find, documented.
sorry man, while i agree with your right to smoke it 100%, it is asinine to think thay you can smoke something and have it not effect your lungs. tobacco, weed, etc.

there are naturally occuring resins in the plant, and that kinda stuff does not intermingle well with living tissue.

the only reason these case studies have yet to be published, is that large long term smoking studies (marijuana only) have yet to be done. Now that more and more states are decriminalizing it, you can bet your ass there will be studies done. and who knows, i could be wrong, but i would be willing to bet the title of my car that i am not.

I say go ahead and smoke it. however, like red meat, and delicious french fries, cigarettes, whiskey and beer..... your body will pay in the long run.

default_biggrin.png
let's keep respecting other peoples opinions here.
default_biggrin.png

Stein

Stein
Nate, you're in High School, simmer down.Educate yourself: There has never been a single case of cancer attributed solely to smoking marijuana, that I can find, documented.

Generally, doctors don't prescribe smoking anything to people with, say, lung cancer.

Those folks orally ingest (eat) it.

If you really want to educate yourself, and not just repeat the Fox News-based gibberish you've been told, read "The Emperor Wears No Clothes", by Jack Herer.
First of all, I don't watch Fox news. Secondly, my mom is a cancer doctor and I've spent many a time hanging out in the cancer wing. I've even job shadowed the physics department, and they had my working by myself because I could do it.

So yes, I am quite educated on the subject, and I don't even see why you're arguing with me when you also said that:

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
The proper term is Oncologist. Also, folks asking for a specific drug usually get turned down because webmd isn't a medical degree or years of pracitical experience. My wife has to deal with this crap all the time from drug seekers (yes, even here in Maine). Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this will continue to be a path taking by more of the holistic medicine offices.

Stein

Stein
She's specifically a radiation oncologist (which everyone confuses with a radiologist, THEY'RE TOTALLY DIFFERENT!), but most people wouldn't recognize that.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
sorry man, while i agree with your right to smoke it 100%, it is asinine to think thay you can smoke something and have it not effect your lungs. tobacco, weed, etc. there are naturally occuring resins in the plant, and that kinda stuff does not intermingle well with living tissue.

the only reason these case studies have yet to be published, is that large long term smoking studies (marijuana only) have yet to be done. Now that more and more states are decriminalizing it, you can bet your ass there will be studies done. and who knows, i could be wrong, but i would be willing to bet the title of my car that i am not.

I say go ahead and smoke it. however, like red meat, and delicious french fries, cigarettes, whiskey and beer..... your body will pay in the long run.

default_biggrin.png
let's keep respecting other peoples opinions here.
default_biggrin.png
Look what all the red meat ( Hamburgers ) have done to me:

Old-man-3d.jpg

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Its all good. Most folks don't know what an Physician Assistant is, even though they have probably been seen by one.

wzrd

I bet that guy in the wheelchair, who was on the news the other nite for smoking pot in his home.One of the neighbors commplained about the smell,and he was given 7 days to vacate.A man in a wheelchair,disabled,cant function without the help of his near by family.All cause he smokes dr prescribed pot and it pissed off some busybody...This new law is designed to help folks like this live with dignetty and honer and not to be judged...that's what its all about...medical rights...the people have spoken ommmmmmm

Blue GT

Just gotta throw in my 2 cents on this one. It depends on how you define addiction. Now if you define it as a physical addiction that will cause you withdrawls like Ciggarettes, Alcohol, Cocain, Heroin, Meth, Extasy, Opium, Opiates, Perscription Pain Killers, or even cough syrup, then I don't buy it. ...
default_smile.png
Talk with any addiction specific Therapist/Doctor and they will tell you differently. Weed can be addicting to certain people, unfortunately a great number of people who are so susceptible to addiction become addicted to something harsher (pain meds, coke, alcohol, etc) but to think it doesn't happen ever is untrue.

Hey I voted yes on 5, and would probably even support fully legalizing it, but just know that it has some risks.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
I bet that guy in the wheelchair, who was on the news the other nite for smoking pot in his home.One of the neighbors commplained about the smell,and he was given 7 days to vacate.A man in a wheelchair,disabled,cant function without the help of his near by family.All cause he smokes dr prescribed pot and it pissed off some busybody...This new law is designed to help folks like this live with dignetty and honer and not to be judged...that's what its all about...medical rights...the people have spoken ommmmmmm
Looks like this wheelchair guy is either heading to the dispensary or trying to out run the cops
default_biggrin.png

ROCKET WHEELCHAIR.jpg

Latest posts

Back