Winter Tire & Wheel Options, Opinions Wanted

Iboc_C64

Well just thought I would use this thread of mine to update everyone that's interested on the status of my 09 WRX. I got phat ass refund from the governenment because I bought a new car last year (my 09 rex) and I paid off all my big bills except for what I owe on the WRX. I still need to fix my old car for my parents to use and for a spare, just in case. I have already started in on the Rex. I put my Rally Armor UR black w/ red logo mud flaps on yesterday and put red rally armor logos on the front of my side mirrors. I bought new fog lights to replace the 2 cracked ones on the car now, got a deal on ebay, practically brand new $65 each, with brackets and bulbs!!! I also ordered all weather floor mats, subaru fog light protectors, and a new rim to replace the one I bent back in late november on the group drive. Of course, fate still has it out for this car, I may have bent another rim on the road shoulder on my way to Rangeley to install the mudflaps. Arrg!!!! Oh well, **** happens, I will have them checked and replace the worst rim, if I bent another then I will just have to place another order tommorow. At least they are only about $100 apiece including shipping. I would have been screwed if I would have kept running the 17s all winter. BTW did you all know that Tire Rack now has a new conneticut warehouse? They can ship anything to us in less than a day for the standard shipping price so long as they have some at this warehouse!!! So now, after I fix my old POS car, I will have some money to put in the 09 rex. I was looking at these for my first few additions- Kartboy STS, SPT Boost Gauge, GPS Navi with 5" screen, a decent brand Radar Detector and last but not least, TOUCH UP PAINT!!!! After I installed the flaps I took the car to the car wash, once it was clean, I realized how many rock chips I had taken out of hood and front bumper, its gonna take me hours to fix them all, especially a big one on the hood's leading edge, its just a bit bigger than the size of a pensil eraser. When I get the fogs fixed I will post some pics in the Wintermode thread now that I have winter tires, rims, flaps, and fog protectors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back