00 RS having fuel issues ?!?

spartan5

not yet.as the car sits at work 45 minutes away from me,and with all the stuff I have got going on,I haven't been able to do much more than guesswork,and I have no scan tool to use either. Am going to pull some sensors off the obs that are interchangable and test them.

Matt

that sucks......i dont know everything about these motors yet, 00 rs 2.5 is what ive got but i would assume theyve got crank and cam sensors, if its got those and like you said its got spark, fuel and air i would lean more towards a sensor.....kinda why i wanted to see if there were any codes, where are you located spartan??

inski

If you're cranking and cranking and only sputters occasionally you might be off on timing. If you can hear your fuel pump come when you turn the key on i bet your t-belt is off a few teeth

difficult to say without looking and seeing whats happening

96H6

not yet.as the car sits at work 45 minutes away from me,and with all the stuff I have got going on,I haven't been able to do much more than guesswork,and I have no scan tool to use either. Am going to pull some sensors off the obs that are interchangable and test them.
my 2000 rs has a sort of buck problem too. every now and then when i down shift and go for it she bucks. but when i let off the gas and go for it again it's fine. could this be a fuel issue?

spartan5

once we figured out the problem,we did it in the parking lot @ work,20 minutes...coulda been a lot worse. Runs effing champerific now!!!

Latest posts

Back