02 WRX Wagon ( Front End Dammage)

Jackson

I am currently entertaining all reasonable offers on my Subaru. This spring she was in an accident with a deer and the insurance company decided total it out on me. From what I was told when I had an estimate is that I was looking at about $2,500.00 to have it fixed, this estimate came from one of my co-workers friends that owns a body shop. Exactly what is wrong with it I couldn't be specific but I do know most is body work. I know that the hood, front passenger quarter, bumper, windshield, and passenger side headlight are the significant damages to the body. Im hoping that someone can benefit from all the work that I have done to it . I'm pretty sure it has every available option from The SPT catalogue (short throw shift, SPT exhaust, SPT intake with the heat shield, SPT high pressure radiator cap,STI radiator hoses(the long S shaped hose has a hole in it) SPT radiator shroud(slightly bent), SPT Lightweight flywheel ( not currently installed), performance clutch ( not sure of the manufacturer). It has the 25mm Perrin sway bars pand end links. I also have 18" OZ Prodrive rims with almost new Cooper Zeon 2XS 225/40/18 on the car as well. There is some burley mud flaps I made for the rear. The best part of the car I believe is the Tien Super Street suspension with EDFC (electronic dampening force controller) this allows you 32 different adjustments independently for the front and rear. It has 3 preset buttons that you can set for a quick on the fly change to your suspension. This suspension allows you to have your car tighter than STI or you go softer than a WRX to give you an idea or the broad selections of settings it has. Within the past year or two, I can't remember exactly when I sent the suspension back to Tein to have them serviced. I spent 2,500.00 on the suspension and 1,200.00 on the rebuild. My goal with the car was to get the handling where I wanted it then move on to the engine but I never made it that far. I work construction and find myself constantly needing a truck so as much as I wanted to have the car fixed for myself I needed to take a different path where I ended up with a Sierra Denali. There is about 160,000 miles on the car I bought it with 90,000 and I always used mobil 1 for the oil changes. I know I am missing some things about the car but I will post them as soon as they come to me. I also have like new black STI floor mats as well as the WRX ones that came with the car. I have the stock WRX rims as well as the stock WRX exhaust. I also believe that I have the stock air box as well. If I look hard enough I also think I still have a TurboXS engine management system somewhere that I bought off Gabe but never installed it. Like I said I really am not looking to part the car out at the moment ideally I need to move this car ASAP as I am moving in about a months time. The money I was planning on repairing the car with that I had saved throughout the summer went to a down payment on a mobile home. I held onto it all summer and never tried selling it because I was going to repair it. The cost of gas in the truck was the deciding factor since I have a 37 mile commute one way to work on giving up on repairs and buying a place closer to town. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM. If you haven't received a reply in a day or two from me send a text to my phone letting me know that you have tried to get ahold of me on the forums, the number is 207-217-8832. The car is currently located in Bradford and can be seen m-f after 3:00 and anytime on the weekends.

Thanks for looking Nick Jackson

More pictures can be sent if requested.

(null)

JoshP

Id say its worth around 3,000 and I would probably offer 2,000 if I was trying to buy it. that's not considering the mods tho, might be able to get someone to pay more because of those. I buy broken subarus regularly. Ill probably be more interested in a few months.

Jackson

I can get some better pics in the daylight tomorrow. I don't have any pics from before the crash I had them all on a computer that has since fried

(null)

I can get some better pics in the daylight tomorrow. I don't have any pics from before the crash I had them all on a computer that has since fried

(null)

I keep trying to get a couple pics on but I keep getting an error message whenever I attach them. I can try sending them in a text if interested but I'm not sure if it's because of my poor Internet service on my phone whee I live or if it's something Else. I Should be able to send a couple when I get to my work where I have an actual Internet connection tomorrow am.

(null)

inski

I'd say its worth about $800. I know 3 people who have picked up 02-04 wrxs recently in good running condition for 3k or less without any body damage.

Iboc_C64

Well, you can't sell it to be used now that its been totalled, unless you get a salvage title. You can only sell it for parts IIRC. Someone with a decent OBS or 2.5RS should buy this for a swap. As far as fixing it goes, Im pretty sure the law says that you can fix it and drive it yourself if you want to, but you can't sell it to someone else to drive unless you get a salvage title on it. Then the insurance prices on it will go up so that it may not be worth fixing it.

If it is repairable, you probably should have argued to have them fix it rather than total it. Insurance companies are seldom fair unless you argue with them, even then you need to be carefull. They can total your car because they don't want to fix it and tell you it was worth a lot less than it really was, then pay out cash for the reduced amount. They don't care what it was worth to you. It may be that it was worth $6000, then it took $3000 in damage and they tell you they will give you $2000, when really they should give you $6000 or fix it for $3000. But if they can convince you that its totalled and not worth much, its to thier advantage to do so. Just think like this, if they can tell someone dieing of cancer that thier treatment isn't covered because they know that if they go to court, the person will die before the case is heard and court fees are cheaper by comparison, then in the name of profit, why would they go good for your car? Sorry that this information probably comes a little late for you, good luck with the sale.

Oh, and Inski, where in the world are your friends finding WRX's under $3000 that run??? We paid that for a 2.5RS that was in rough shape, I could not find an 02 or 03 under $5500. If you see another, let me know would you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I bought a rough running 02 WRX wagon for WAY less than $3000.

Depending on the damage and what you are looking to get out of this car, I am interested. Please email me some photos or post some up here.

Iboc_C64

Yes, what are you looking to get for it, My brother is looking for an engine, transmission, driveline and ECU donor for a 2000 2.5RS swap.

SUBARUDE

the wrx's inski speaks of have over 200k miles on them or close to that many miles and wrx's pop up all the time for around $3k on craigslist I have seen 2 in the past month for less then $2k needing motor work but jacksons car is worth I would say $3k-$3500 with all the mods that come with it the drivetrain alone is worth $2k

Dr3amer86

Why can't you have rear damage that way I could use the parts. Lol.
default_tongue.png

Latest posts

Back