04 OBW Ltd.seat heater switches

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
OK, so I just got this outback wagon, limited, and the only thing I can find wrong with it (outside of a few paint chips and a couple of door dings) is that the light that illuminates the drivers side seat warmer switch is burned out. I know it's just my OCD, but I gotta fix this. Anyone been here before? Are there any special tools I should know about? Anyone feel like giving me a hand and kkeping me from doing dumb shit?

Free beer

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
Hummmmm, upon firing up this morning for my commute home from work, it seems my side mirror defogger is inop, any one got a guess? I'm thinking that it isn't a fuse, as it doesn't have a stand alone fuse, and everything else still works.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
There is a way to replace the bulbs in the heated seat switch. I haven't had time to try it, I just free.99 junkyard switches until they work.

SLi-net has a DIY about replacing switch bulbs, but I'm in bed and can't find it on my phone.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Good news.

I took apart spare switches for you today.

IMG_20130818_094553.jpg

Fog light switch. You don't have to take them apart to get the bulbs out, I just wanted to see how these things worked.

IMG_20130818_094558.jpg

These bulbs twist lock into the side of the switch.

IMG_20130818_094604.jpg

You use a screwdriver to undo them, then figure out a way to pry them out (I used extra lock wire)

og6xI5b.png

The heated seat switches look like that. There is a tall bulb and a short one. You undo the switch at the bottom and slide the assembly out.

The light bulb assembly just slides off.

Now as for replacing them, there is a part # you can get at radioshack. I found it on SLi-net, but cannot for the life of me find the damn thread. You have actually have to remove the bulb and little leads and put a new one.

I am not doing that. I plan to just rib out all the bulbs out of switches I find, then test them with my jump pack and put good ones in my car. Someone smart may know of an LED replacement or something, but I don't like spending money on my boring DD.

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Two of the pics wont show up now. I crosspost my posts across multiple message boards and I am stupid and had the switches on top of a piece of paper with all my contact info whoops.

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
You rock 2point5!!!! Thanks! Owe ya a beer

Honest thought, I was looking for help with my heated mirrors, not the fog lamps, although I'm sure that info will cone in handy soon enough.

And ya know what red green says, if the don't find ya handsome

Latest posts

Back