06 M3 Competition Package

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Not sure how much interest there is here for one of these but my car is up for sale. Im asking 30K.

100_1094.jpg

Matt

ohhh.. subaru to bmw, back to subaru??? someone has seen the light and it is good.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
There really isn't much for mods other then catless headers, afe filter, afe intake elbow, and dice ipod dock system. Im not 100% going back to subaru and I really dont care if the bmw sells but if someone wants it for what I owe I will try something new. Maybe that will be a 11 sti maybe not.
default_unsure.png

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
Beautiful car!
the bimmer also inspired subarus in many ways..

I was looking up specs, out of curiosity...

the wheelbase and track width, it is as if they fattened the wheels, and body, but the heart of the true measure goes back to the 80s...

59.4 inch track width. My 87 subaru is in the 60s...

amazing facts. the 3.2L in that chassis must haul DONKEY.

default_unsure.png

Matt

So because it has a similar width to an 87 Subaru you think BMW inspired Subaru. I can think of really anything BMW and Subaru share or took from one another.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
So because it has a similar width to an 87 Subaru you think BMW inspired Subaru. I can think of really anything BMW and Subaru share or took from one another.

well, BMW tires are round and black, so Subaru obviously stole that concept from them

exhaust pipes on BMW are silver, another Subaru steal

driver seat on BMW is behind steering wheel, can't believe Subaru stole that but dang if they din't!

etc etc

stiXXX

Nate, a whole NEW STI is due out in late 2012 for 2013.

A COMPLETE new engineering.

They know, I think, that this current body is not "working" real well for them.

I saw the drawings, and IMO the days of an out of the box STI as a weekend track car mostly ended in 2005, and was all done with the 2007 STI model. Even that, compared to the '04-5 model, was a heavier release. Adding luxe to make coin, they deviated in '06-7 from their rally heritage.

And the '08-present models went even further away from the original rally aspect, that's undebatable IMO.

The 2012/13 STI will, I suspect, get 325-345bhp, to compensate chassis bloat due to luxe add-ons, and will compete with more like the M3-AMG C-class Benz and such, more than the Evo, segment-wise.

So.... IMO...

Wait.

XXX

diabloadsit

Nate, a whole NEW STI is due out in late 2012 for 2013.

A COMPLETE new engineering.

They know, I think, that this current body is not "working" real well for them.

I saw the drawings, and IMO the days of an out of the box STI as a weekend track car mostly ended in 2005, and was all done with the 2007 STI model. Even that, compared to the '04-5 model, was a heavier release. Adding luxe to make coin, they deviated in '06-7 from their rally heritage.

And the '08-present models went even further away from the original rally aspect, that's undebatable IMO.

The 2012/13 STI will, I suspect, get 325-345bhp, to compensate chassis bloat due to luxe add-ons, and will compete with more like the M3-AMG C-class Benz and such, more than the Evo, segment-wise.

So.... IMO...

Wait.

XXX
Dont know if you realize this but the 04-07 sti are almost the same in every aspect. The only diffrence is that in 2004 the radio was an option then after it wasn't. Of course the slight body change which was just the front bumper and that's about it. Besides that the cars are almost the same. Hell even the 2005 had 114x5 rims, just like the 06-07.

I feel the change was in 2008 and up when the STI as a weekend racer went to crap. I will agree with you there. I mean heated leather seats? Come on not in a balls tango weekend racer. It just sucks because Subaru is trying to please the older crowd that what to see this stuff. So the age grouple was around the mid 20s to low 30's for the STI ownership now it has shifted from that to Low 30's to late 30's low 40's.

Latest posts

Back