07 Calipers on 09 WRX?

Iboc_C64

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if it was possible to put the Calipers from a 2007 WRX on to a 2009 WRX. Im am talking about the Red calipers that have SUBARU embosed on them. I always liked the way they look and I think they may be better than the stock calipers that came on the 09. If your not familiar, the stock 09 calipers look like the 02 WRX calipers or the 01 RS calipers, I believe they are single piston, correct me if I am wrong. I believe that since the 2007 is a 2 piston caliper it would be an improvement, would it not? This must have been asked before, if so, could someone post me a link? Thanks.
default_cool.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
it is possible, not worth the expense.

They have a tendancy to freeze pistons, they are $680 EACH, WHEN they freeze (trust me, I am on my second pair). The braking performance is the same. The only time you would find a performance gain is if you were rally racing. they fit under rally wheels better, you can change the pads faster. that is it.

Stick with what you have, you are better off for it in a street car.

Iboc_C64

Thanks Pedro, that's what I wanted to know. I was thinking about painting the calipers red, but thought that the 07 calipers would look better. I won't do it though it the brake feel and response is the same, like you said, probably not worth it.

Gate4jg

The stock ones work just as good. But they are not pretty looking. Anyways I have been down this road before and you cannot put those calipers on the newer subarus. This was when I had to get my brakes redone and I figured getting a whole kit would be a god option. There is a whole thread on NASIOC some where explaining this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back