07 Limited STI

AiRX

I am torn at this point...I know I have mentioned to a few of you that I was looking to up the power on my 02. Well, I have a chance to get an 07 STI Limited. I would like some input from you guys as to good or bad (I realize we all have opionions, it's ok). If I do go for the STI I will be selling the WRX for $8k. If I keep mine I would be looking for good ideas for reaching 300whp. Money is not the issue but I do have a budget on the build. I do not want to focus on the $$$$. Just looking for all input.

dflwrx

Well, for what it's worth the STI's are great cars from the factory and will hit as close as makes no difference 300whp with just a downpipe and tune.

Another option would be to trade your car plus cash for this (my car):

http://www.mainelysubarus.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9331-2002-wrx-built-ej207-6mt-r180-coilovers-brembos-440whp-14k-obo/

I'm looking to get a RWD coupe for summer, but would love to keep an RS or WRX for rallyX/winter use
default_biggrin.png

02 WRX Chris

If it were me in this position, i would buy the STI. I for an 02 WRX with close to 300 HP and the tranny is giving me problems, stupid glass trannys. The STI gives you way more bang for your buck and its very easy to get 300HP out of an STI with simple things like a DP and tune.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
If money is not an issue, go with the STi. It can handle 300+whp much better than your WRX, and has many features that your WRX doesn't

diabloadsit

My 2006 Sti is up for sale and it has the capablity to go way past the mark you want for HP. I am letting it go for $19k plus all the extras.

AiRX

Well, for what it's worth the STI's are great cars from the factory and will hit as close as makes no difference 300whp with just a downpipe and tune.

Another option would be to trade your car plus cash for this (my car):

http://www.mainelysubarus.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9331-2002-wrx-built-ej207-6mt-r180-coilovers-brembos-440whp-14k-obo/

I'm looking to get a RWD coupe for summer, but would love to keep an RS or WRX for rallyX/winter use
default_biggrin.png
Your car is nice, I am just not looking for a race/track car. If I was then I know where to go.

Ryan

The transmission alone would be worth it. Your 02 can hit 300whp, but not without some significant mods.

AiRX

The transmission alone would be worth it. Your 02 can hit 300whp, but not without some significant mods.
This is my delema! I want the best of both worlds. I really love the Bugeye (it has grown on me). On the other hand I have already had an 04 STi and miss the overall performance by far.

Ryan

To give you some idea, I'm right in the middle of rebuilding my hybrid motor on my Bug. I should be sitting right around 300/325 for power when its all said and done, but obviously a lot of coin had to be spent. My trans is really whats holding me back now. I opted to stay with a VF22 for my new setup for now to be easier on the trans, but at some point down the road when I get a chance to do a trans swap, a bigger turbo can go in now that my motor is built for it.

diabloadsit

Well with the sti you get so much more right out of the box. The brakes and tranny being the biggest of course.

Just let me know if you get really interested in my car.

Ryan can vouch for the parts I put into the car far as the new motor. He was there 90% of the time when it was going on.

Latest posts

Back