08 Impreza 2.5i rapping noise at 3000 RPM

08Impreza

Ok guys I have a rapping type noise when I hit around 3000 RPM's. It definitely sounds like it is coming from under the hood. There is no power loss at all and other than hearing it the car runs fine. At first I thought I was low on oil but I checked and oil is fine. Anyone have anything like this?

Any advice for a very novice car guy would be helpful. I am outside the 3yr/36000, go figure and the dealer wants 94/hr just to check it.

Last edited by a moderator:

stiXXX

Screw Patriot.

They're thieves, period.

Go to Evergreen & have it checked under the drivetrain warranty, for free.

What arseholes, they won't even check it out for you...

Gee, I wonder...

Where's that Patriot Subaru Big Fat FAKE Epic Fail "Lifetime Warranty" they "offer" when you NEED it?

Brother, they SUCK.

Gate4jg

Screw Patriot.

They're thieves, period.

Go to Evergreen & have it checked under the drivetrain warranty, for free.

What arseholes, they won't even check it out for you...

Gee, I wonder...

Where's that Patriot Subaru Big Fat FAKE Epic Fail "Lifetime Warranty" they "offer" when you NEED it?

Brother, they SUCK.

I couldn't say it any better. lol Its bad enough patriot sells "new" tires that have been sitting around for awhile, so they can cut some costs.

Did you buy it new or used?

RedForester08

Is the noise all the time or just when she is cold for the first 15 minutes or so. Mine has a slight(what sounds to me like a lifters tapping under a load) when she is cold/semi warmed up but not when the outside temp is over 40 or car is nice and toasty. If it is all the time Evergreen will be happy to look at it. They have the best service of any dealer in the area. Patriot Blows
default_blink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

08Impreza

Is the noise all the time or just when she is cold for the first 15 minutes or so. Mine has a slight(what sounds to me like a lifters tapping under a load) when she is cold/semi warmed up but not when the outside temp is over 40 or car is nice and toasty. If it is all the time Evergreen will be happy to look at it. They have the best service of any dealer in the area. Patriot Blows
default_blink.png

08Impreza

I did not buy the car at Patriot I bought it at Patrick Subaru in Massachusetts new in 2008.

As for the sound it is exactly like lifters tapping but it is doing it hot or cold. I had it very faintly since I got the car and had reported it to patriot and Berlin city now Paper but was told then it sounded normal. Now it is louder. I have Monday off and would gladly drive to evergreen if the could get me in.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I did not buy the car at Patriot I bought it at Patrick Subaru in Massachusetts new in 2008.

As for the sound it is exactly like lifters tapping but it is doing it hot or cold. I had it very faintly since I got the car and had reported it to patriot and Berlin city now Paper but was told then it sounded normal. Now it is louder. I have Monday off and would gladly drive to evergreen if the could get me in.
207-786-8500, ask for service. Tell them what you posted here. They will make everything all better.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
hahahahaha I'm retarded. Been workin' too many hours.

Call them asap. Saturdays they're usually not too busy so I'm sure they'll be able to get you in.

08Impreza

Evergreen guys are awesome! Found the right motor mount is sagging. Possible that is causing some sort of vibration. Getting it replaced once it comes in. Thanks guys!!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Not sure how I missed this one Dan.

Glad you finally made the trek to Evergreen. Now that you have seen the light I don't suppose you will be spending your $$ at patriot anymore.

Latest posts

Back