'12 sway swap in '08 obs 2.5i?

jojo69

So I am just thinking ahead here, but given what I've been reading, it sounds like outbacks typically understeer from the factory and to optimize handling, a stiffer rear swaybar can be used. I saw another thread that some years (08?) wrx rear sways can be used on 08 obs (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/99-do-yourself-illustrated-guides/37567-2008-outback-rear-sway-bar-swap.html) . 

Since my12 wrx has whiteline, I have the oem rear just sitting and was wondering if It would be a direct swap into an 08 obs? Provided I used supporting afternarket bushing/endlinks. 

Anyone have confirmation on that? I understand Perrin and others make parts for this mod, but I am curious if I may use stock parts that I have around.

I don't want to attempt unless I know it can be done. 

thanks

Gate4jg

that's a good question. I would say measure it and measure one off an STI 2008- 2010. Because that's pretty much the extreme you can fit on the back. If its very close might as well give it a try. There is one thing I regret doing for my rear swap though. I had an STI bar with ralli tek endlinks and it worked perfect. But when I swapped over to whiteline. I bend or snap an endlink every season.

jojo69

that's a good question. I would say measure it and measure one off an STI 2008- 2010. Because that's pretty much the extreme you can fit on the back. If its very close might as well give it a try. There is one thing I regret doing for my rear swap though. I had an STI bar with ralli tek endlinks and it worked perfect. But when I swapped over to whiteline. I bend or snap an endlink every season.
thanks for the input. How was the difference before and after the sti bar/endlinks swap? 

Latest posts

Back