'12 WRX Hatch - N1 or Quad CBE, GS Pulley, GS EBCS, BPV, Lava Blanket, CF Driveshaft

blehhh

Going from stock tune to Torqued Performance Stage III next month, (thanks to Bill Starnes!)

Looking to buy a few last odds & ends to finish out the car, power-wise.

---- N1 or Quad-Tip Exhaust (Tsudo / CNT / Greddy / Invidia / etc) (No Invidia N1 'Race')

---- Grimmspeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

---- PTP T3 Lava Turbo Blanket (Will likely buy from HeroCrank)

---- Grimmspeed EBCS

---- Recirculating Bypass Valve

---- Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft (Unlikely to find, but worth a shot)

And for anyone interested, below is a screenshot of my modding road map, (yes, I am OCD). Everything up through the Group N motor mounts has been purchased and installed. The items listed above are obviously yet to be acquired. The catted DP, SPT HS, AEM CAI, PW TMIC, DW65c & Plugs have already been sourced.

Thanks guys.

883438_10100921995874729_1177443517_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Looks like you've spent a considerable ammount of time thinking about this, and I thought I was OCD. Should prove to be a very loud, highly uncomfortable and barely driveable saloon car
default_wink.png

blehhh

Looks like you've spent a considerable ammount of time thinking about this, and I thought I was OCD. Should prove to be a very loud, highly uncomfortable and barely driveable saloon car
default_wink.png
rrrrubbbishhhh! The sways, bushings, inserts and mounts have all increased drive-ability tremendously over the stock 'held-together-with-ham-sandwiches' feeling, and a one-piece driveshaft alone will improve it just as much. The blanket, EBCS and pulley will make for smooth throttle response too.
The only thing that added noise so far is the transmission mount. I don't mind loud exhaust either. I'll be doing sound deadening throughout the car anyway next month to cut down on the creaks, rattles & road noise though.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
rrrrubbbishhhh! The sways, bushings, inserts and mounts have all increased drive-ability tremendously over the stock 'held-together-with-ham-sandwiches' feeling, and a one-piece driveshaft alone will improve it just as much. The blanket, EBCS and pulley will make for smooth throttle response too.

The only thing that added noise so far is the transmission mount. I don't mind loud exhaust either. I'll be doing sound deadening throughout the car anyway next month to cut down on the creaks, rattles & road noise though.
If you really want to make it a better car, simply buy a GC8. Direct swap.
default_smile.png

default_biggrin.png

WashmyScooby

This is going to be one heck of a mod day/night at my house! We are going to need more than a 6 pack for this.....

blehhh

This is going to be one heck of a mod day/night at my house! We are going to need more than a 6 pack for this.....
We'll do the tune-essential parts first. Anything else can either go on before or after the big day.... Or I can just tent out in your garage haha.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I like the direction that you're going with your build, at least you're not buying blow off valves, widebands and boost control solenoids like me. Bill has seen it all and done it all in the Subaru world, so he's basically moved on; but he can still provide you with his knowledge (from an informational standpoint that is).

The good part about Bill buying a BMW, is that now I can rescue his car with tow straps for years to come.

WashmyScooby

I like the direction that you're going with your build, at least you're not buying blow off valves, widebands and boost control solenoids like me. Bill has seen it all and done it all in the Subaru world, so he's basically moved on; but he can still provide you with his knowledge (from an informational standpoint that is).

The good part about Bill buying a BMW, is that now I can rescue his car with tow straps for years to come.
Why thank you Rick.. I'm not done with Subaru yet..just for right now! I did buy nice stuff and I can't wait to install it all on Ben's car. He will quickly find out that I am a perfectionist, so it might take longer than he expects...but, it will be pretty when it's done!  You are more than welcome to come by as well when we decide when we are going to make this happen.

blehhh

Why thank you Rick.. I'm not done with Subaru yet..just for right now! I did buy nice stuff and I can't wait to install it all on Ben's car. He will quickly find out that I am a perfectionist, so it might take longer than he expects...but, it will be pretty when it's done!  You are more than welcome to come by as well when we decide when we are going to make this happen.
I'm a perfectionist as well. And a neat freak. You should see me when I build a PC; half my time is spent just trying to route & hide the cables.
I'm really excited to see how much of a difference it all makes, especially paired with a carbon fiber drive-shaft and all of my other drivetrain bits.

Latest posts

Back