15' outback rims & tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

injulen

Would you recommend against putting these on my Legacy L which normally has 14" wheels? I know the Outbacks have larger calipers and pads and I'd miss that extra stopping power moving up to bigger wheels, but at the same time, being only one size up, might be alright? I'd be interested in these for my car if it doesn't go against someone's recommendation. 

I have a friend with an Outback that has OK all seasons and I'll let them know about this deal too. That way if I can't put them on my Leggy, maybe they will want them for their OBW
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Yes, they'd work on your car. The stopping power has nothing to do with the rim size, it has to do with the outside diameter of the tire.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Would you recommend against putting these on my Legacy L which normally has 14" wheels? I know the Outbacks have larger calipers and pads and I'd miss that extra stopping power moving up to bigger wheels, but at the same time, being only one size up, might be alright? I'd be interested in these for my car if it doesn't go against someone's recommendation. 

I have a friend with an Outback that has OK all seasons and I'll let them know about this deal too. That way if I can't put them on my Leggy, maybe they will want them for their OBW
default_smile.png
These would fit your car well. They are 15" alloys so you wouldn't notice any difference in stopping power or anything. And these are smaller tires than Outback tires, so they should work well for your Legacy. 

injulen

Yes, they'd work on your car. The stopping power has nothing to do with the rim size, it has to do with the outside diameter of the tire.
Ah, okay. I was thinking it had to do mostly with the weight of the rim. Good to know
default_smile.png

injulen

My wife says she is okay with it
default_smile.png

Craig, I'll take them! $180 okay?

injulen

Mounted 'em up before I even made it home xD 

(Click image for full res)

Status
Not open for further replies.