16's vrs 17's

akinaspeedstar

I'm looking into a set of auto cross wheels and tires for this summer and i guess my question is do 17's really handle that much better to justify the extra cost for rims and tires?

if not I'm gonna just try and pick up a cheep set of 00-01 rs 6 spokes and run those

Trainable

I would vote for no, esp if you are running a tire with a stiff sidewall.

Look at the options width wise though, it could very well be worth it if you can fit 17 x 7.5s or 17 x 8s under there.

Runnah

Get some stock RS 6-spokes (im selling mine:)).

Seriously tho they are great wheels, lightest of the subie stock wheels 21lbs iirc, and they are 16x7 whereas other stock wheels are 16x6.5.

that's your best option for cheap auto-x rims.

akinaspeedstar

i was hoping for something a little more informative. haha if the 17's will be better autocrossing then 16's for the price

pedro?

stainless

spend the extra money on sticky tires that will not bump you up a class...

I 2nd getting RS rims..... if you do not want to spend lots of $$$$

How many auto-x's have you completed. experience can make more of a difference than wheel size...

If this is your first time i would stick with something close to stock.

The more mods you do to your car. the tougher your competition is likely to be.you might get bumped to a higher class...

if you have been Auto-xing for years...

um never mind what i said. ;D

akinaspeedstar

im already in STS the way i bought the car, and you can Run R compounds in stock class if you want to from what i hear. and since im already in STS i figure as might as well do as much as i can in side that class. but i think your right cost wise it will be better to just go stock

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
im already in STS the way i bought the car, and you can Run R compounds in stock class if you want to from what i hear. and since im already in STS i figure as might as well do as much as i can in side that class. but i think your right cost wise it will be better to just go stock
well if you get some 17's you are cutting down on the sidewall you have. this wil be really good for the cornereing forces. You don't need to run as much pressure as you would in 16's .

plus I have a set of Falken Azenis 215's in 225/45/17 for $150 that will get you atleast one full season if not two.

If you can't find anything light in the used market I would point you to the Rota Slipstream wheels. they are pretty light for what they are. get a 17x7 wheel and you are set.

Latest posts

Back