18" wheels

REXWGN03

Has anybody ever ran 18"s on there WRX? I have an 03 wrx wagon and I am thinking about putting some 18's on it. I am getting a good price on the but if they don't fit I'm stuck with them. They are 5x100 with a .48mm offset. With 225/40/18, do you think they will rub when I turn? I have stock suspension. Any ideas?

R

redlinerally

Your tire width would be 8.85", but the overall height would remain roughly the same. I don't see any issues, as long as you don't have a lowered car? Original tire width is 8" or so. Your stock offset is like 52mm right? So, add 4mm (.15inches) to the width, then add another .425 inches for the difference in tire size and that is what your wheel will stick out. A strong half inch...

If you can clear your fenda's, you be all set.

Runnah

18's are out of OEM spec, but as long as the diameter is the same you shouldn't have speedo/ABS issues.

R

redlinerally

Speedo will be off like 0.8%. 60MPH on speedo would be 60.5MPH on radar. Little bit faster than reading, but easily manageable.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
+48 offset with 225/40/18 will be just fine. I run 225/45/17 (stock STI size) and there is no issue. there is a .05" difference in height clearence.

My wheels are +48. you are more than welcome to test fit with my 17's if you want to be sure.

REXWGN03

Well I would. but the deed had been done. I went with some 18" ADR something or other. There black with the fat polished lip on Lexani tires for $529. I shopped around and that was the cheapest I could find. ADR was not my first choice, but for the money, if they are junk I can buy new ones next year. Any opinions?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
The wheels should be decent. it is the tires I don't know about. never heard of them

Latest posts

Back