1982 GLF Hardtop restoration

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Congrats on the purchase. Not too many of those around anymore, especially on the east coast.

tylertrend

Congrats on the purchase. Not too many of those around anymore, especially on the east coast.
Why thank you, I am quite pleased with it even though it does need some serious beautification. I have to be honest though, I am currently splitting my time between ME and OK, so this vehicle was actually bought down there which is why it looks so good. However, Its been sunrotted to death 9 times over. 

tylertrend

When I first bought it I was still trying to figure out what it actually was. Internet searches pull up basically nothing on "Subaru GLF". So out comes the 1982 FSM and sure enough, plenty of mention of a GLF model. Seems they only made these for a couple of years in the EA81 flavor; and only in the HT version? Not sure on that exactly but I have not seen anything to say otherwise. Its a FWD with 5 speed, GL guages, FM radio and A/C but otherwise pretty basic transport. Subarus are pretty good about being lego cars but finding a couple certain parts has been a lesson in futility on this one. 

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I may have a few parts kicking around still that would fit that. Feel free to ask if you need anything in particular.

Latest posts

Back