1996 Turbo Swapped Danger Ranger!!

KamB

Kam Berry
Figured I would write something up about this. It's a 96, 4 cylinder 5 speed. I got bored with it. Slapped on a tubular header, garret gt1752 turbo, FMIC, and plumbed it all in. It boosts 5 psi, absolutely no engine management besides a crimped off fuel return. Runs rich at idle but boosts good. Will grab third gear rubber in a brake stand.

Didn't mean to hit post yet...No idea on hp numbers. No idea on torque. But a decent amount. I'm waiting for it to grenade on me.
una2ahyh.jpg
a4utu8yv.jpg

KamB

Kam Berry
buy a FMU on ebay and retard the timing with the CAS and run it!
Hell yeah I should. I decided if it lasts much longer, I'll put some money into it. Rev limiter 2nd gear burnouts in this little thing are addicting so maybe I will
default_smile.png

KamB

Kam Berry
lincoln locker
Want to do it? I welded the previous rear end with a friends welder and it worked great until it started wheel hopping doing donuts and snapped an axle. New rear end now, but my welders weak :/

KamB

Kam Berry
Well the Rangers now running water-meth.

Aka windshield washer fluid/ rubbing alcohol mix
default_smile.png

Was going to run a 5th injector for fuel. Preceded to snap off the brass fitting into the rail. Said screw this and hooked it up to the washer fluid button. Just have to tap it to a button switch so it kicks on at WOT.

Feel free to hate
default_tongue.png

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
The 2.3 will make as much horsepower as you can feed air into it, those things are silly.

You can get the computer out of whatever car it was in the early 90's that had a 2.3 turbo, and just swap the computer in. But as long as you don't run it lean, a 2.3 will do ridiculous things.

I've wanted to do this to a 4wd one for a while.

KamB

Kam Berry
I got water-meth Hooked up. Explanation for those who do things the proper way.. Washer fluid is a mix of water and methanol. Cooling yet highly combustible. I hit the washer button and it sprays it straight into the intake. Works perfect. It'll hop around and chirp tires when going over bumps boosting in third which is pretty good for this little truck. I'll take a speedo vid soon. I took one on 32" mud tires and missed third so overall it's not very impressive
uvamyza6.jpg

It's also painted blue now. Thinned house paint ftw
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back