1st District Congress Seat

ruggedman

Since Tom Allen has given up his seat I wasn't sure who to support in the race for 1st District (S. Maine) congress. I went to a debate last night between Charlie Summers and Chellie Pingree at Bowdoin (which will be rebroadcast Sunday at 3 on MBPN). I went to the debate with a friend that typically votes Democrat (she's an Obama supporter this year), and I'm more often than not on the conservative side (I'm supporting McCain). But beyond that both of us really connected almost perfectly with Charlie last night, and we were both moderately frightened by the spending plans of Chellie. I personally feel taxing more and spending more is not the answer, and that's precisely what she stands for. Her policies while in the State government hurt small business, while in contrast Charlie's did many wonderful things for small business. He recieved a perfect 100% score from the NFIB (national federation of independent business) while Chellie got an 11% from the NFIB.

I'd encourage you all to watch the debate, read up on the candidates, and make an informed decision come Tuesday. Having someone like Charlie Summers to represent Southern Maine in congress would be a real change to the completely useless congress we have now. After watching the debate last night I'm trying my best to reach out to everyone I know about Charlie and what he's all about. I'd encourage others to do the same on here... this race has a lot of undecided voters in it still and it's anyone's to win. :wave:

Latest posts

Back