2.2 valve issue - what is it?

Legacy22GT

Hi everyone,

I've got a 2.2 16 valve engine that i'm throwing into a 98 legacy gt,

I looked inside the drivers side exhaust port at the valves and noticed that one of the valves has a strange sort of protrusion coming out of the head,

does anyone know what this is?

someone suggested that it might be a carbon buildup, but it looks like metal to me...

thoughts?

(the first 2 pics are of the drivers side valves, the third picture is of the passenger side valves.)

2012-08-13 21.38.57.jpg

2012-08-13 21.38.51.jpg

2012-08-13 21.47.34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Legacy22GT

will it run in its current condition?

she needs the car tomorrow, and i really can't afford a new head, head gasket, or a new engine right now.

Matt

Well it looks like that one is ready to fall out so if it does its going to make a mess.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I also have a set of 98 Impreza heads for sale. I'd take $40 for the set. PM me if you're interested.

Legacy22GT

It actually runs quite well.

it's either a '95 or '96 2.2

non-interference.

I threw the engine in the car so i could get her off my back...

do any of you have any decent 2.2 engines for sale?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Ok, well the heads I have will work for you if you want them. And that means that the engine you have is 96 or newer.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I have a set of those heads, too. They're useless to me since I sold my single port header. And want nothing to do with that hard to find/expensive part.

They're still on an engine that's sitting upside down in my garage, but I could have them off in a few minutes...

Latest posts

Back