2.2L T questions

Killerbumblebee

so I'd post in tech questions, but no one ever checks it :-(.

a few questions for my 2.2L T swap coming up, what exaust manifold, upipe, and downpipe stuff will fit it? Can I use STi exaust manifold and a STi/WRX upipe/downpipe, or will it not fit (I know there is some difference in teh turbo configuration).

thanks guys, one soon to be 2.2L turbo impreza wagon coming up ;-).

Tyler

When I did my swap, I had to extend the STOCK 2.2t downpipe to reach stock wrx midpipe but if you use a stock wrx downpipe, it should reach fine. I'm not positive, but I think the wrx headers and up pipe will fit, but like I said I'm not sure. The turbo exhaust setup is the same between a wrx and the tiny ass 22t turbo, the only differences are the angle of the output of the turbo is say 45degrees upwards on the tiny turbo where it's at 0 degrees on a wrx turbo, and the intake port on the 22t turbo is angled upward 90degrees to come up before the intake manifold, whereas the wrx turbo goes straight outward under the intake manifold.

i may be able to get a picture this weekend for you, if I remember! :thumbsup:

EvilAsPie

wrx/sti exhaust will fit. all of it.

Just make sure your DP/cat/cat-back combo will work together on the car you have and you should be all set.

There is a guy on MS selling sti manifolds. But the stock UP on 2.2T is the same piece as an STi UP. if the stock manifold and UP are good use em!

jmailhot

I have an old 2.2T turbo exhaust manifold. it needs some TLC.... actually it needs a new cross over pipe, and you could machine the surface that mounts to the heads. but they are yours for free if you want them.

Killerbumblebee

alrighty, second question. For those of you who have done it, how did you add a top mount IC to the 2.2T (bear in mind that I am going to be using the stock turbo, so it doesn't have the bend)

Tyler

haha, I'm actually working on that right now ... I'm using the td04 though. This is the crappy pic I have for you.

0_IMAGE_132.jpg

Left is td04 wrx turbo, right is .. I think the vf22, 22t turbo

When I have the tdo4 in, and the intercooler "in place", the intercooler piping lines up height wise, but the intercooler y pipe actually sits in front of the turbo outlet.

_________|

turbo outlet

_________

| |__________

y - pipe

|

Like so ... I need to get a silicone y-pipe, like peter did, and modify that to make it fit.

It might be difficult to use the stock turbo, just because of the angle. I know it's been done .. not sure how tho.

Latest posts

Back