2.2T making lots of boost,then fuel cuts...bad boost solenoid??

smelt240

OK,so the 93 Legacy goes great. Too great. Its making too much boost. I dont have a gauge installed yet,but it seems to be making enough to engage a fuel cutoff. At WOT it pulls and pulls,then seems to shut right down,almost like you shut the key off,then it comes back. In the best interest of the motor,Im not going to run it again til I figure this out. Anyone know anything about the cutoff this car would have,and what is supposed to engage it? My thoughts were the wastegate not opening would trigger it. (Im hoping my train of thought was right..) thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
for the newer cars it is electronic. there is a max boost table and if the boost exceeds that amount, it cuts fuel, throws a code. It may be that your wastegate is stuck.

Meyagi would know more, he has this car, only slightly modified now
default_smile.png

GClark

You'll need a fuel cut defender if your above 13lbs of boost on stock turbo. that's where fuel cut is.

HR radness

His royal radness
I ran into that before on my legacy SS. Dont worry about the motor, it will take a serious ammount of boost. I ran a TD04 with a fuel cut defender and a MBC set to 15PSI. It ran great and pulled very hard.

Dump that turbo and get some basic engine management and it will be a hoot to drive

or sell it to me:)

Latest posts

Back