2 day Rally-x in CT

ReZPunK

this is a NATIONAL rallycross event..the best of the best from all around will be here competing against our NER boys...

Kevin will be there in the Rallycar i hear...wish i could make it...

katnip

the car is black. I swear
New England Region, SCCA

Engraving Awards & Gifts

RallyCross and Eastern States Championship Challenge

Stafford Speedway

Stafford Springs, CT

January 15-16, 2011

The New England Region, SCCA 2011 RallyCross season kicks off with the 2-day “Stafford RallyCross and Eastern States Challenge Championship” event at Stafford Speedway, Stafford Springs, CT. Saturday will be a NER Championship event. Sunday will be a second, separate NER Championship event. Overlapping, will be the Eastern States RallyCross Challenge Championship consisting of both Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning runs.

Championship participants may be eligible for awards from SCCA Contingency Sponsors. Not to mention the bragging rights of being crowned the top RallyCross driver in the Eastern United States!

· The smooth, hard surface makes this a good opportunity for cars that could not normally compete on softer surfaces. There may even be snow.

· Hot lunch is being prepared by the Dennis family and is included in the entry fee.

· Pre-registration is HIGHLY recommended to avoid being shut out.

· All Championship entrants MUST pre-register. There will be NO National Challenge walk-ins.

Register online at Motorsportreg.com. Search for RallyCross events near 06076.

Details at http://www.ner.org/rally/rx/event/20110115_stafford

Inquires? email: [email protected] Call: 603-616-1195

Ty Ty

so NER is doing a 2 day rally-x in Staford CT the event is $95 for two day for non-members who pre-reg, this isn't bad for the amount of fun im expecting. i hope to make this and see some of you there. hers the info on NER's site

http://www.ner.org/rally/rx/event/20110115_stafford
default_smile.png

RallyCat

what's going on with that wrx???
Probably one of the times he stuffed it would be my guess (I wasn't at the event, but I got the play by play last night while doing the scoring).

STI running gravel tires on the front and wide, slick, summer tires on the back.
default_additional_sad.gif
Had to be yanked out of the banks on both of his runs in the morning - he didn't take afternoon runs.

The course was apparently very slippery and full of magnetic snow banks. There were 36 DNFs recorded for having to be pulled out of the snowbanks by Scott's Tacoma - which seemed to get the most seat time of the day by a long shot.
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

111 competitors yesterday. Looks like about the same number for today.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Maybe the WRX has a RWD conversion?
No.

The guy was running gravel fronts and summer rears.

Now' date=' on to the important lesson. You know, we all talk about tires and how they perform. We run that rigamarole on some thread or another pretty much every week. Well, here's some more evidence in that regard.

This was taken on this guy's 2nd run. On his first run, he wiped out on the first corner, and had to be recovered. He managed to crawl through the rest of the run. This 2nd run, he got stuck in that same first spot again. And spun right after he got recovered. And then next...

spinning into another bank. Another recovery needed. And he was blubbering about what had happened to his front lip (see first pic). Maybe you shouldn't cold-seek these snow banks.

We were all wondering what the hell was going on. Obviously, if you have to be recovered after you've already messed up your run and have been told to go carefully, you're some kind of idiot. But, which kind was this guy?

So when he spun in that last pic, he was exiting a corner that no one, not even me in on all-seasons, had trouble with. The snow hides slick ice there. We tried to push him free and I immediately slipped when I got beside the car. And yet, snow tires handle that POOP. So why was he having so much trouble? I don't have closeups for you because I was being responsible and helping out, but he was running different tires front to back. Uh-oh. On the rear, he had generico summer tires And on the front? Gravel rally tires. First of all, he drove all the way up from Miami. Second of all, where the LOVE did he get the idea to run gravel tires? A gravel rally tire is far far harder at normal temps than a summer tire is. You can imagine what it's like in the cold. Combine that with the loose tread pattern, and you get pretty much zero traction on snow. Worse on ice. I have never seen a more dramatic display of how useless the wrong tires can be (except that one time I totaled my GTI with RE050A Pole Positions on the first snow ) If anyone wades through NASIOC to figure out if this guy asked for anything, I'll be indebted. The text on the side of the car says Dynasty Racing.

This guy pissed everyone off. I get that you might not have a first person understanding of why you need the right tires. But if you have that much trouble on your first run, maybe think about sitting out. Instead, this guy had the gall to try for a 3rd run. They yelled at him. He slunk off during lunch. Good riddance to that lowered and hellaflush (on the summer tires, anyway) idiot.

Lesson? We shouldn't run tarmac tires in the snow.[/quote']

coondogg

Wow, I feel bad for all the other participants if this guy was holding up the show getting pulled out as many times as he did...

Was there any question as to allowing him to even run the event with the tarmac tires knowing the condition of the course...?

Ty Ty

There were 36 DNFs recorded for having to be pulled out of the snowbanks by Scott's Tacoma - which seemed to get the most seat time of the day by a long shot.
default_cool.png

Yep, I definately got waaaaaay more runs in than anyone else after 2 days of driving that thing around tugging people out, heh.

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Really.. 111 Entries, and the entry fees are that high? I'll stick with my 9-12 minutes of run time and 20 dollar entry fees in Canada..
default_cool.png

RallyCat

Really.. 111 Entries, and the entry fees are that high? I'll stick with my 9-12 minutes of run time and 20 dollar entry fees in Canada..
default_biggrin.png
Really... Entry fee that high and we STILL had 111 cars? I think we should have had a higher entry fee.
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back