2 Wrx's 1 Problem.

smelt240

Both of our cars,an 04 and 06 WRX,have no heat when sitting idle. the second you rev the throttle,you get warm air. Mine,the 04 just started doing this.The wife informed me about hers a week ago.Stop at a red light,you get cold air....take off,it warms right up again. My first thought was headgaskets on hers(its a 2.5),but mine doing the same thing seems unlikely. Coolant is up on both cars,no overheating since we've owned them. Ideas?

Take them both out for a drive and bring the engine up to temperature. Check your coolant then. Bubbles = hg issue.

(null)

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Turbos don't often have head gasket issues, it's the N/A's that have that, and primarily the 2.5's

Matt

Blower motor wouldn't have anything to do with it. Heater core possibly. It kinda sounds like air in the system but who knows. I'm actually dealing with this as well. Come to a stop with the heat on and my gauge literally drops to 0. I watch the temp on my scan tool and it'll go from 195 to 140 instantly. It's messed up!!!! I just keep the heat on low to build up heat.

Matt

I had swapped mine out thinking that's what it was. Lower hose always seemed a little cold to me. I think stock is 170 degrees and that's what I put in. Perhaps I should get a 185 or higher.

ntippet

Far From Maddening Crowds
What brand t-stat are you using?

Aftermarket units are notorious for causing all kinds of issues.

This is one of those circumstances where it pays to use only a Subaru t-stat.

i-wagon

mine was like that right after I changed my coolant. got air in it and would blow cold at first. radiator caps ok? if it doesn't want to build pressure I'd think it would do smoething like that

smelt240

OK,I think I have my car fixed,seems like it was an air bubble or something,funny,the system hasnt been opened in almost 3 months,since I had the issue with the IAC...Ill tackle hers tonight,maybe its the same thing. I topped off my coolant,squeezed hoses,again and again,the closed it up,all good this morning. Im going to flush/bleed her system,and probably do a thermosat just to be safe. thanks!

Latest posts

Back