2000 2.5rs Small project/getting it shiped

0025rs

Well last week I bought a 2000 2.5 RS with 98000 miles on it for 2500 big ones. killer deal right? Well so far with the parts for the 100000 mile recommended Service a new short block for the 2.5 because of a spun Barring. the trip to penn to look at and buy the car. oh ya and the must have LW Flywheel, crank pulley and a short shifter I have spent my entire Budget. I hired a transport company to bring it from Penn to Maine but its still sitting in the guys driveway. Grrrrrrrr ill keep you up dated on the status if anyone is interested its my first time transporting a car this way. Just want my Baby Home lol

0025rs

Got the call from the Transporters and they are picking up the car wednesday it will be here friday or saterday. and my flyweel came today

0025rs

Thanks for all the welcomes. The car transport experiences is back and forth. For the most part it went like this. I give my info out on this web site. Phone #. where is the car where do you want to send it e-mail address and so on. First I recommend getting a google voice # its rely useful because you get hammered with quotes in your e-mail and on the phone. I picked the cheapest one and.........waited got inpatient and then bam on the phone with the trucker haft to say he has been better then the broker that you haft to go threw to get the hole thing started. He had to change the time a few times and he called the guy down in PA to set it up and let me know what was going on so once the file is past on to the trucking company your no longer left in the dark. So as long as you don't mind spending a little money. and the trucker dosent scratch my car its going to be just alright.

0025rs

The Car Has Arrived!!!!!!!! Not one scratch, Dent or ding (that was not already there) Rebuild Saturday in Lamoine. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly will take pics of the steps we use and so on.

zoma21

I hope that it goes well and the rebuild goes smoothly a 200 rs is my dream car in good condition I bet its so nice pictures soon hope

0025rs

Some pics of the car. it will get washed this weekend after the storm and one pic of the pistons I had to take out they hit the heads.

0330111906a95152216.jpg

0330111906b9567164.jpg

0330111906c95122461.jpg

0322110901a95314073.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Such a nice car you got for a really decent price. Nice job getting it going again!

DCG

If you open your front door and look 4 houses down you'll see my car; just like yours but with a coupe wing and painted sideskirts. Congrats on the car; I love mine. And my name's also Dave!

0025rs

I keep driving buy slow and hopping to catch you out lol im not stacking you by the way just your car.

Last edited by a moderator:

0025rs

Well The car is more then I had hoped for. Its quick, Zippy, and it is as smooth as ice never had a 2.5 before never even drove one but now I don't think I want to go back for me its just hands above the 2.2. So I will past new pics on the main forum once the rodes dry up and I get it waxed. Thanks you for the support. Im going to try to make it to auburn but don't know if I will.

Latest posts

Back