2000 obs rally?

jmacfoto

I have a 2000 obs and looking to start building a rally car and wondering if you think its more worth getting another car like the RS or would it be worth doing up my obs. I love my car just wondering what you all think.! Thanks

Ty Ty

If you're still running on the stock struts, KYB GR2s should handle nicely. It'll be comparable to when the car was brandy new, perhaps a tiny bit stiffer. They'll be more or less $70 a corner. I'd probably do the top mounts while I was at it too.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I think you can put WRX springs in the old OBS struts and gain a little bit of clearance.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
check with evilaspie. I think he put WRX springs in his struts on his old OBS. he may still have parts too.

EvilAsPie

No more parts. But i did run 02/03 wrx struts and springs on my 98 obs. gave it some lift and nice stiffness over stock. That setup went into the 93 legacy after that.

Not sure how the parts would to separately.

ReZPunK

what kind of rally car are we talking about? first things first...gut the car and get a proper roll cage installed.. get it log booked and then begin building all the other stuff.

unless we are talking about an SCCA Rallycross car...

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
a "rally car" is not a DD...cuz by its very nature a rally car needs to be somewhat disposable. it's part of the learning curve, as you work up to going faster and faster at rallyX or "brisk" TSDs, well let's just say that sooner or later the car is increasinly likely to go home on a trailer OK? and a DD on a trailer  is Bad News.

now a DD that has some mods to make it more fun on rough back roads...now we talking!dead stock GC OBS suspension is a great starting point, mebbe do some GR-2 struts, good stout tires for dirt/sno (cooper weathermaster snows 195/65-15 or similar) and some skidplates like Primitive or RallyArmor front n rear.

then spend yer $$ learning how to drive better instead of wasting $$ on mods for a car you don't really know how to make the most of yet. Team O'Neil wintr safe course, one-day Rally Experience etc

full disclosure: I work as an instructor at Team O, but there are a good numba of members here that can vouch for the value of Team O trainin as opposed to dum dum carbon fiber bling on your OBS.....Meyagi, Coondogg, RezPunk (another Team O teacha), etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

pretty sure it's going to be rallyX. or he wouldn't be asking here.
+1

a "rally car" is not a DD...cuz by its very nature a rally car needs to be somewhat disposable. it's part of the learning curve, as you work up to going faster and faster at rallyX or "brisk" TSDs, well let's just say that sooner or later the car is increasinly likely to go home on a trailer OK? and a DD on a trailer  is Bad News.

now a DD that has some mods to make it more fun on rough back roads...now we talking!dead stock GC OBS suspension is a great starting point, mebbe do some GR-2 struts, good stout tires for dirt/sno (cooper weathermaster snows 195/65-15 or similar) and some skidplates like Primitive or RallyArmor front n rear.

then spend yer $$ learning how to drive better instead of wasting $$ on mods for a car you don't really know how to make the most of yet. Team O'Neil wintr safe course, one-day Rally Experience etc

full disclosure: I work as an instructor at Team O, but there are a good numba of members here that can vouch for the value of Team O trainin as opposed to dum dum carbon fiber bling on your OBS.....Meyagi, Coondogg, RezPunk (another Team O teacha), etc etc
this.

jmacfoto

Thanks I agree with all that you say. I'm not for one to go out and hammer on my DD nor put myself in a bad position. As that is said the number one thing for me is to get some classes to get some knowledge. I would rather do that any day then put any cheesey mod on my car

Latest posts

Back