2002 wrx misfire in cyl 1 and 3

kblood477

i just got the new short block in my 02 wrx it had about 100k on it and the car has 91k on it. when i first started it, it knocked sounded like rod bearing at first but then i thought it could be detonation going with the misfires. why only 1 and 3 ? im going to go try to change the coil packs . and the knock sensor , but has anybody else found this happening?

(p.s car has eaten two motors both cylinder 1 , one ate a valve and one ate a ring)

kblood477

changed coil packs on cylinder 1 and 3 had good spark and new spark plugs both were around 125 psi compression . put it all back together and it ran great for .01 of a mile then started knocking again and i could barely get it back to my garage i plugged it back in to the reader and its cylinder 1,3 and 4 misfire now and knocking/pinging horrible noises .. does a blown rod bearing knock come and go? im going to try putting good gas in it next i guess. the gas is old and i don't know if the previous owner ran premium or if they ran 87. any other ideas would be great ..

kblood477

that's what i was thinking. but it ran smooth and i thought it was fixed after i swapped the coil packs it ran good for 10 minutes or so then i drove it and it started knocking bad

kblood477

it was all mechanic error .. somebody got way to excited when they fixed the coil packs the first time and just stuck them in there so when i drove it they fell out.
default_additional_gavel.gif
.. the knock in base i believe was from all the gas that wasn't being burned going into my oil .. and gas doesn't work very well as an oil.. it runs perfect now. thanks for the hints tho

Latest posts

Back