2005 Outback 2.5XT Limited

rsalomon13

I am in the process of buying a house in Auburn. With the longer commute we want to get rid of the GF's Jeep and trade it for something with better gas mileage. We have found an 05 Outback XT for $14,995 at Stanley Subaru. Do any of you have any experience with these cars or Stanley?

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
You might not be getting the gas milage you're looking for...my bro had an '05 Leggy GT and he got horrible MPG and reportedly didn't drive the crap out of it. The Outback is heavier than the sedan as well.... overall you'll get better mpg than a Jeep, but maybe something without a turbo (
default_idk.gif
) would work out best?

Apollyon12

I get about the same milage with my WRX as my wife gets in her Legacy wagon. Bottom line is that Subarus are not ultra fuel efficient. But my wife did sell her Jeep Cherokee for the Legacy.

Nate

Founding Father
Im going to say if you are looking for gas mileage, and she doesn't car about having a turbo... Dont get an XT. My wifes LGT gets crappy gas milage plain and simple. My car (making way more power) get better mileage. On a side note my wife was coming from a 2003 V6 nissan altima, so she had a hard time with the power of the non-turbo cars. She loved the turbo'd leggy.

SUBARUDE

both of my xt's that are stage 2 get at least between 24-27 mpg depending on how i drive
default_biggrin.png

Nate

Founding Father
I would be happy if she got that. Now you have to take into consideration that we do 95% city driving, but she never gets over 20mpg.

I dont mind though, we dont put a lot of miles on it a year. Our commutes to work consist of less the 2 miles for both of us. I think, that the benefits of having AWD and safety out weigh the drop in MPG.

If i was looking for AWD, and MPG: Any non-turbo subaru will be a hands down choice. Not to mention if you get a manual shift car they are still plenty peppy. We just found the autos to be dogs without a turbo.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Nate's right, my 2.5 gets about 30 mpg....winter tires are messing with that a little though:rolleyes:

If gas mileage is a concern, turbo and H6 is not a choice. If space isn't a concern, we have three 2006 Impreza sedan's w/28-43k for $14-15K. Stanley is a good store, a sister store of Evergreen.

Latest posts

Back