2005 WRX Down pipe Leak

mikeneedsAsubaru

Hey Guys,

Don't know if this belongs here. But I have a wicked leak coming from my DP. I recently was driving and had the car under some boost pressure and my exhaust just got super loud and annoying. I thought it may have been the doughnut gasket from the DP to the Cat back, but when I went to replace it a small pipe that was in the DP came out (where the bolts go into to attach to the catback) and it looked like a weld broke that's why the pipe came out. The air was coming straight out of the DP almost completely blowing around the catback. There is minimum pressure coming out of my exhaust from behind the car. my car is loud and not in a good way, I feel I have lost some back pressure as well. Does anyone know anything about this? can it be re-welded? or does anyone know where I can maybe just by a stock DP for cheap.

I would love to go to a full exhaust and this seems like the perfect excuse to do so, but right now I just don't have the money. I would be great full if anyone had ideas to help.

Thanks

BTW the car is totally stock

Mighty Subie

Pics? and it probably can be welded but not sure what you are talking about if its the stock one. Unless you mean it broke off from the flange. Breaking is easier to weld than rusting out, by a longshot.

mikeneedsAsubaru

I cant get pics unless I take it all apart again the best I can do to describe it better is, it seems like it was a small conective pipe welded to / or right outside of the cat. it has the flange connected to it. which then connects to the catback. I will try and post pics later I am on my GF's computer

Latest posts

Back