2008 Impreza WRC

Evil Jeff

image.html

image.html

image.html

The '08 WRX is....okay. But, if this is a sign of things to come for the STi, sign my ass up now!

Evan

i'm gonna guess its not. the only things different than the wrx on that are the front bumper wing and a regular widebody, but all wrc cars have a different wing bumper and a wider widebody than factory, so i dont think theres anything in that pic that are gonna be on the stock sti.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Hate it.

And what's the point of a WRC being a hatchback? Stupid :
default_smile.png
all the cars that are kicing subaru's ass right now are hatch's. plus it makes it real easy to get spares out of the back
default_frown.gif

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
That thing is sexy as hell! Hot Hatches Rock! We're getting some WRX's this week, I'll give you guys a driving impression soon enough.

Evil Jeff

That thing is sexy as hell! Hot Hatches Rock! We're getting some WRX's this week, I'll give you guys a driving impression soon enough.
Don't I need to come visit you for...ummm...something?

RedForester08

I like it. and as long as it halls ass on the WRC races then they can paint it purple for all I care. I just hope they did not kill the Impreza wagon.

Evil Jeff

i'm gonna guess its not. the only things different than the wrx on that are the front bumper wing and a regular widebody, but all wrc cars have a different wing bumper and a wider widebody than factory, so i dont think theres anything in that pic that are gonna be on the stock sti.
Not really. When you look at this, the new WRX, and the STi mule spied at Nurburg (http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/3024), this seems to share a lot more with the mule than the standard WRX, such as:

Grille

Different shaped opening on the bumper with strakes on the side of it

Widebody

Different rear diffuser

Dual exhaust

The standard WRX has none of those, yet those parts look to be nearly identical on both the WRC2008 and the STi mule. The only thing obviously different is the wing. I'm sticking to my claim, this is a good indicator of what we're going to see in the '09 STi. And I still have over a year to save up. ;D

Runnah

I like it. and as long as it halls ass on the WRC races then they can paint it purple for all I care.
I'd even go as far to say I wouldn't care if it have "Hello Kitty" Livery!

Still not the "dramatic" depature from the WRX that they have been promising.

It'd look 100% better if they lopped off 2 doors.

Edit: The more I look at it the more this looks like a CHOP!

boosted

Wow! I hate the standard WRX hatch, but that thing is pure sex O0 Usually, I'm not a fan of the hatch's, but it just looks like it will eat small children sitting there! >
default_frown.gif

seph

no...or the perfect lens flare on the front fenders....

or the fact that it's on a pure white background with no signs of lighting...

Latest posts

Back