2010 Forester XT vs 2007 WRX

SoMeWRX

Hey guys,

I am in negotiation to trade my 2007 Limited WRX for a 2010 Limited Forester XT. Similar mileage, obviously the XT is not in as good a condition as mine but I am wicked sick of having no space in my vehicle. Tried the rack option, did not like it. The XT is totally stock except for some tint, rainguards, etc.

So, rather than read a bazillion views on cars.com etc I was hoping someone who owns this generation XT can tell me a little about their experience with the car. Issues? Failures in design? Fun mods? Anything helps.

Please do not make this a discussion about car vs car, I am well aware that my WRX is a way more fun car. This is about usability and me desiring to hear some solid input from you fine folks on the XT.

Thanks!!

D

i-wagon

Gabe has (or had, can't keep track) a new gen foz. Being the guru he is I'm sure he'll be quite helpful. Honestly I'm in the same boat with my 2.5i, not enough room for everything

SoMeWRX

PAGING Gabe!! I also want to know where he got that front lip from. Gives the whole car such a better look

dsmith

I love having the extra space in my forester. I honestly have more fun in it than I did in my wrx. And no one expects it to be quick.

Not sure where you are financially but what about getting a first gen forester for a daily driver and keep the wrx nice and take it out when you want some fun?

SUBARUDE

You do know its a automatic don't you Dylan?
default_tongue.png

The front lip is a U.S. factory sold part but the rear lip is not

Also the XT can be made to be as much fun to drive as any WRX and still haul a lot of crap lol

SoMeWRX

When did you move to Bowdoin?? And thanks for the input everybody, keep it comin

Ugh about the auto, not looking forward to that. The little shifter did not seem to work very well either, slow shifts

SurlyOBS

Join the wagon mafia. There, I said it.

Seriously, after owning a modded Forester and 2 Outback Sports to go into owning a RS coupe...I missed having a wagon so much and I will sacrifice fun over utility. I was happy to buy a crappy $200 Outback just to have a wagon again.

XT gets my vote or buy a beater wagon.

Latest posts

Back