2010 STI CS400

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Cosworth makes good racing parts. A couple of years ago when Miller Ford in Sanford was still around I test drove an 07 STI with cosworth motor etc. that was traded in for a Rousch supercharged Mustang convertible. That was a fun drive. The car had a built in roll cage and 3-1/2" straight thru exhaust no cats and 550 whp. The car was so loud that you had to yell to the salesman sitting next to me to be heard. On my way back to the dealer on 11A as I approached 109 I let the car slow in 2nd gear and all the firemen came running out to see what was making all the noise. It was a track car and the owner had 75K into it, but I felt it was too hard core to use to take my buyer clients around in it.
default_additional_sillylol.gif
They wanted 32K and I heard when Miller Ford went under it sold at auction for 19K. Now that`s a buy.

Gate4jg

I dunno if it was my last subaru I would pay that. But if I had that money I rather buy a 1940 ford delux convertible.

Mark

http://www.cosworthusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=14&idproduct=654 - 12.5k

sti msrp - 35k

that's without including price of reworked tranny, completely custom recaro interior, brand new performance bilstein/eibach suspension, some ludicrous 6 piston brake setup, new turbo, what looks to be a custom satin black paint job, new rims that if I had to guess are prodrive, and more.

that list is at least 10k worth of parts, no?

all of this and it was built to be one of 75 perfectly running models with stock like perfection.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
For 61K you could do much better with a stock STi and after market parts.
no doubt, not to mention...

that is enough to machine say a porsche flat six in the front of a sube, or other "crazy" idea.

cosworth stepped in for the crazy weak crank EJ, and it is almost over.

I hope I don't here mention of cosworth on the FB engine.

gaining parts as the weirdo fades away may be a blessing for some of you.

Mark

no doubt, not to mention...

that is enough to machine say a porsche flat six in the front of a sube, or other "crazy" idea.

cosworth stepped in for the crazy weak crank EJ, and it is almost over.

I hope I don't here mention of cosworth on the FB engine.

gaining parts as the weirdo fades away may be a blessing for some of you.

I know that everyone wants to believe that they own a tuning shop and could totally build a better car that cosworth, but there's kind of a lot of evidence against that. that car isn't supposed to be a pissing contest with a bunch of nasioc posters. it's a limited run series of an all out performance car built by one of the most respected builders around.

Latest posts

Back