2012 Impreza

katnip

the car is black. I swear
I just want a car that looks nice, goes like stink, has no ABS, no traction control, and no stability control. Is it too much to ask that I be allowed to drive my car the way I freaking want? Seriously!!!!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Please tell me you have the ABS switch installed on the STi.

Most of that junk can be dealt with easily.

Smiththers

at first I was all about the new impreza, and then I saw what it looked like. to think, that they say it looks BETTER than the prev gen like mine, no projector headlights and no LED on hatch? wtf are they on! and then I went on to read about how its slower. I went from 100hp to 170hp for a reason, not going backwards here people....

brighton

Rally Fluffer
at first I was all about the new impreza, and then I saw what it looked like. to think, that they say it looks BETTER than the prev gen like mine, no projector headlights and no LED on hatch? wtf are they on! and then I went on to read about how its slower. I went from 100hp to 170hp for a reason, not going backwards here people....
If you want power, wait until the new wrx&sti. Think about Subaru direction from a business stand point. Are with all of the global warming BS and sky high fuel prices I'm sure many people were turning away from Subaru because of the poor MPGs. Most people are thinking well I could get away with not having AWD if I can get 35 mph in different mgr's car. This impreza is directed to that larger scale of people. And most of those people don't care about HP or lighting ect. Hell, most couldn't tell you what the current HP/tq is on the current car. They want cvt transmissions, good MPG, reliability, best bang for the buck.

SoMeWRX

Quirk has one sitting on their lot now. Saw it the other day.
Yeh, checked one out yesterday at Pape in SoPo. So slow, might as well buy a TDI at that point and at least have some torque to play with. Stupid CVT tranny is a car killer as far as I am concerned. Cool front end though.

wzrd

I just want a car that looks nice, goes like stink, has no ABS, no traction control, and no stability control. Is it too much to ask that I be allowed to drive my car the way I freaking want? Seriously!!!!
my fealings exactly...Nothing I hate more on these new cars are the 'nanny'DEVICES....I actually sold my 2010 jeep for just that reason,a jeep that didnt want to spin a tire...useless...Ill stay with my 06 or older cars and trucks.tyvm

katnip

Please tell me you have the ABS switch installed on the STi.

Most of that junk can be dealt with easily.
ABS in an STi is tricky, can't just turn it off because it affects the diff, but it can be jumped. and yes mine is totally disabled
default_additional_rockon.gif

Gate4jg

I like the new impreza. For what it is I think the 2012's are pretty good. If your just going to be ragging on the car because it has no oomph, what do you expect from a base model impreza? My 08 can't really pass anyone after 60 mph or climb hills quickly but its still fun to drive. Personally I think the CTV transmission is an improvement. After driving one of the newer legacy's when they fist came out, it had the same engine, weighed more, yet ways wwwwaaayyy quicker and I could pass people easily on the highway! If I could throw a CVT transmission in my car I would.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
default_additional_hyper.gif
The new Impreza was designed to be sold to the masses. Let`s face it, if your priorties are cool looks and speed than you are in the 10% on the fringe. This is what makes most of us Subie Fanatics.

katnip

I had to drive a chevy traverse this week to put miles on it. I almost went off the road because it was slippy and the traction control kicked in. once I turned it off I was fine. I would have gone off straight tho. gonna stick with old cars until people figure out how to dissable the stuff

Latest posts

Back