225-50-16 Hankook RS-3

Zach

Now That I have a set of winter and summer dedicated wheels I no longer need these 16 inch tires.

You can get one more season out of them or more if you don't AutoX them( they passed for an inspection sticker this year). These tires in this size go for $484 brand new.

I'm going to ask $200

(tires are off the wheels now)

IMG_10941.JPG

IMG_10961.JPG

IMG_10951.JPG

IMG_10971.JPG

IMG_10981.JPG

IMG_10991.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Apollyon12

RS-3's should really be AX dedicated tires.   I realize that the ones you have will currently pass inspection, but they don't have much life left on them.   Especially considering they are marginal at best in the wet with full tread.   I think your price is a little high.   Looking for good tires for a regular car, you can find a "very good" to "almost unused" set in the $200 range.   And for AX only tires there is not enough life left there to justify spending that kind of money.

Here is a thread about used racing tires (all in the same category as the RS-3's) and from the descriptions and pictures these all had considerably more life left than the ones you got.  

CMC Take-off tires for sale ***all sold - for reference only***

http://skism.org/cmc/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5240

I would actually be interested in buying these from you, they are actually the same size that I use, but honestly wouldn't waste the time, effort and money to buy these and get them mounted and balanced (an additional $60-80) unless they were in the $50 range. Because they have such little life left, I would be better off just buying a new set to race if the price was any higher than that.

Not trying to be a dink and shit on someone else's for sale thread, but you are asking just under half the cost of new and there is no were near half the life left.  Those tires are just over 2/32" left of depth, oem those had 8/32"

Zach

Price drop to $60 I really need these gone they are taking up room in my parents house and Im moving to Mass in under 4 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back