300AWHP from a sti?

edmc1

Ok, i'm sure this question has been asked before, and i've found some information on other forums, but I'm wondering if there are any people in here that have first hand exsperience with it.  

I'm wondering with a 2005 to 2007 sti, wondering how easy 300whp is to obtain, i've heard, tbe, and a cai, and a tune and you'll see close to those numbers. I'm wondering if there would be a need for upgraded fuel pump. or anything else like that?

I'm looking to have a dd that is around 300whp I dont want hudge power but enough to feel it.

thanks for the info

Last edited by a moderator:

Meyagi

I'm a hack
the pistons on the 06-07 cars are weaker then the 04-05.if it was me, id buy a 04-05. you can get pretty close to 300 with the mods you listed and a good tune.

Stein

Stein
And then there's Nate's '08 WRX...
default_smile.png

edmc1

The 04-05 ive been seeing have been high miles, over 100k on some of them, should i be worried if i buy a high milege car like that and mod it? And what about nates wrx?

boxerboost

I had a '05 STi that I bought with 9,300 miles on it... I didn't straight thrash on it, but I drove it like the car was meant to be driven, hot and heavy until the odometer read around 125k on it. Always letting it warm up and cool down properly and always changing the oil in time. Had Mikey run a leak down test on it before I sold it and she was still holding great numbers!

roadtrip1098

300 on an STi is a piece of cake, even with an 06-07. I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you run good fuel, and datalog to make sure you're not knocking. 07's were the real problem child, and a lot of the issues those had were due to the stock tune - the problem carried over to the 08 STi as well. The general consensus is to get tuned ASAP on any of them regardless of mods.

SUBARUDE

You do all the same power mods to a foz xt and get 300whp just to help out the tranny I would do a tranny casing brace which will make tranny as reliable as a 6spd

edmc1

I like how the fact people are willing to talk instead of telling you to look it up, it's all great information and I appreciate it's de helping me to make my decision as to what to buy. I'm pretty sure I'm going to start a search for 05-07 sti wrb it's been a car I've wanted since it came out and I want that dd with around 300 hp so

edmc1

from what i've read you would need a lot more then a tbe and a tune to get that number out of a forester xt.. you would need bigger tmic, turbo, fuel pump ect ect... correct me if i'm wrong?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Yeah not expensive at all. And you have a vehicle that doesn't attract as much attention from law enforcement, and has useful space to put stuff.

Latest posts

Back