4EAT Tranny for 2000 Legacy

lateralized

First of all, forgive my limited knowledge of transmissions. As I was told by New England Transmission, it is my forward clutch piston (?) that has been causing the problems I mentioned in a post a few months ago. The repairs would total somewhere in the 2K range. I dont have that. I do have around a grand to throw at this and I do have someone reliable who can install a tranny provided I find one. Anyone know of something available that will fit my troubled car? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Tyler

I have a 4EAT out of my 97 Impreza L ... not sure if it's the same but a Subaru Remanufactured one was put in just before we bought the car, and swapped out 30 - 40k miles later. There was nothing wrong with it, I just wanted a 5spd. Let me know what you find out, if you're interested.

lateralized

I have a 4EAT out of my 97 Impreza L ... not sure if it's the same but a Subaru Remanufactured one was put in just before we bought the car, and swapped out 30 - 40k miles later. There was nothing wrong with it, I just wanted a 5spd. Let me know what you find out, if you're interested.

Ill find out about it. How much are you asking?

Tyler

I don't know what they go for ... it's been sitting out at my friend's dad's place since the swap.

-----Added 11/6/2009 at 08:01:49-----

PMed

HR radness

His royal radness
Why don't you buy a 5MT swap from me for $800? I believe you only need a pedal box and an ECU to make it complete.

PM me for details. I can link to threads for the swap for a legacy

Tyler

I don't think you need the ECU ... I didn't. Also, there is some different wiring between the auto and the 5spd ... different connectors on the harness ...

5 spds are fun, tho it may take more than a day to do the swap depending on who you have helping you and if you have to torch off hub lugs that will not come off after breaking 2 breaker bars.

lateralized

Why don't you buy a 5MT swap from me for $800? I believe you only need a pedal box and an ECU to make it complete.
PM me for details. I can link to threads for the swap for a legacy
I would LOVE to do that, but probably cant afford it when all is said and done. I need the cheapest and easiest fix unfortunately and my labor costs would go up dramatically with the swap. Looks like its Norm's unless anyone has any new info. I got a pretty crappy deal on an engine there last time so I would love it if anyone knew of anywhere else.

-----Added 11/12/2009 at 08:52:33-----

Also, does anyone know if the aforementioned 4EAT from the 97 Impreza will fit my car?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I would LOVE to do that, but probably cant afford it when all is said and done. I need the cheapest and easiest fix unfortunately and my labor costs would go up dramatically with the swap. Looks like its Norm's unless anyone has any new info. I got a pretty crappy deal on an engine there last time so I would love it if anyone knew of anywhere else.

-----Added 11/12/2009 at 08:52:33-----

Also, does anyone know if the aforementioned 4EAT from the 97 Impreza will fit my car?
The unfortunate part about the engine is that you didn't get to inspect it before buying. You could probably have gotten a good deal off the price if you had gotten to get a good look at it first.

Latest posts

Back