5 Days for a vacation..where to go?

WashmyScooby

So my wife and I have 5 days off and I want to go on vacation 5/21- 5/26. I want it to be a surprise. Needs to be someplace warm. Doesn't matter if it's in the U.S. or not (both have passports). I was thinking about Key West, but I have never been. Was also thinking the US Virgin Islands as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
Key West is one big tourist trap, there are a few cool hole-in-the-wall places in the Keys though.

HR radness

His royal radness
If that's anywhere near memorial day weekend book it ASAP.  It's impossible to find anything  when you get close to that weekend.  In the Carribean I am particular to bermuda, but its can be crazy expensive.  After that it's St. Maarten, the french side in particular.  I have heard that Aruba is beautiful as well as well as Barbados.  

Have you been to the west coast or the southwest US? I love San Fran.  Really cool city, tons of things to see and do in and around the city

Flipswitch

St John USVI.  Been 3 times & before we left we were planning our 4th.  Surprising strong ties back to New England.   Island is 3/4 national park so it's great for relaxing & not covered in shopping malls. I think the longest straight stretch of road is 1/4 mile though, all curves
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

inski

All my favorite places.  Hawaii.  Puerto Rico.  San Diego.  Austin.  Nashville.  Someday I'll make it to Ireland and Scotland.  I liked St.John too but not among my top favorites.  

Don't schedule anything while you're there.  Just go and goof off.  No plans, just explore.  Have fun Bill.

Last edited by a moderator:

JLW7123

2005 legacy
Hawaii best vacation I have ever been on. Or go to Europe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kauai is frigan amazing but the flights are expensive.  If you don't need water fly to Salt Lake and drive down to Zion.  The temps are perfect right now and you will not get rained on, period. 

The wife and I were in the Sanibel Island region of Fla in March.  Nice weather, lots of old people though...

Bermuda is nice but expensive also. I easily could go through $200 a day on just myself.

Aruba is supposed to be nice but with a ton of other tourists. Bonaire is good for diving if you do that. Want a real adventure? Curaçao. It is less developed then the other two, not as expensive. You can even go ride an ostrich.

blehhh

My brother & his wife went to St Lucia for their honeymoon and they loved it. Seemed to be a bit off the beaten path as far as tourism goes.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I wish I had your problems Bill...I had to decide where I wanted to go on my vacation, ugh FML. As for where to go, FLO rida or Montreal, both cheap to get to, and tons of attractions for the tourist. Or you could just stay in Maine, I mean, it's called "Vacationland" for christs sake.

i-wagon

Rome. Beautiful city and women, amazing food, lots of history. I went in the summer and it was too hot, may would be nice

Latest posts

Back