$50,000 STI?!

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
No, it's not the convertible, 2011 sti that apparently has $40,000 in upgrades from AMS. Not sure I believe that...

WashmyScooby

Well, an AMS Stage 2 Longblock is a little over 18k with all the upgrades. Add all the other stuff plus dyno time it might be close to 40k. I guess for the price of a new STi plus 40k in mods I'd rather have a nice low mileage GTR
default_smile.png

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
For this kinda $ u could land a decent built 06 STI Open Class

rally car. Mebbe not the FaSstest to beat K Block's WRC Ford BUt still enough to make the $50k Chicago wannabe Badazz look purty lame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STi **WR Blue Pearl Exterior over Carbon Black Interior** THIS ONE IS A MONSTER! **PERFORMANCE UPGRADES BY AMS PERFORMANCE!** FULLY DOCUMENTED! OVER $40,000 IN RECEIPTS! MODIFICATIONS INCLUDE: AMS 900hp Capable Shortblock Consisting of: JE Forged Pistons 8.5:1 Std. Bore, JE Upgraded Wrist Pins Manley I-beam Rods K1 Lightweight Billet Crank 79mm Darton Ductile Iron Sleeves Installed in New OEM Short Block ARP Hardened Block Case Bolts High Performance Clevite Rod & Main Bearings Precision AMS Spec Machine Work on Block AMS 900X Turbo Kit .82 A/R (rotated) Front Mount Intercooler Tial 44mm Wastgate Tial Blow-Off 5 Bar Map Sensor Injector Dynamics ID2000s E85 Fuel System consisting of twin Walbros in a surge tank, fed by single Walbro in stock location. Fore F2 Regulator (8 Feed, 6 Return) Aeromotive Rails Exedy Triple Disc Clutch Precise, Documented Hand Assembly Ported heads, Titanium Retainers, and Valve Springs **Professionally Dyno-Turned by the Pros at:** AMS Performance West Chicago, IL

***********************************************************************************

VEHICLE EQUIPMENT INCLUDES: 18" Forged Lightweight Wheels Active Center Differential SI-Drive Selective Drive Modes Automatic Climate Control Kenwood/Garmin Navigation System Power Windows and Locks Keyless Entry with Factory Alarm System VEHICLE HISTORY: Only One Previous Owner! Fully Documented Performance Build! Truly Excellent Condition! Spotless Vehicle History Reports AutoCheck Guaranteed CARFAX Guaranteed No Previously Reported Accident History INCLUDES: **One Master Key with Remote** **Original Owner's Manuals** **Floor Mats** **Complete Documentation on Upgrades**
Interesting.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
As to wether that STI is worth 50 grand. You can compare it to my info on a certain 07 STI I test drove back in 09.

Miller Ford in Sanford was advertizing an 07 STI with 550 awh for around 33K back in 09. I had one of those urges to go test drive it and see if I wanted to trade my 07 Spec B for it. This STI had a total of 75K invested into it including original purchase. It had a Cosworth built engine, stage 3 race clutch, suspension work, built in roll cage and no muffler or cats just a 3-1/2" straight pipe. From Miller I headed up 109 to Oak st. and took that to 202, turned around an headed back. That car was soo loud that the salesman and I had to yell to each other to be heard. I thought for sure that the Sanford cops would be all over us and took it easy on the trip back. As I approached 109 I put the tranny into neutral and coasted to the light. That car was still loud enough that the fireman at the fire house all came running out to see what was making all the noise.I decided it was too much of a track car for my clients to handle plus if I ever came home with that my wife would of cut my balls off. Miller kept sending me e mails reducing the price down to 29K plus putting a legal ehaust system on the car. I believe it finally sold at auction in the mid 20`s. Now there `s a bargan.

I found out the guy that owned the car traded in on a 60K Rousch stage 3 Mustang convertible and proceded to modify that car up over 700 hp.

TylerB488

As to wether that STI is worth 50 grand. You can compare it to my info on a certain 07 STI I test drove back in 09.

Miller Ford in Sanford was advertizing an 07 STI with 550 awh for around 33K back in 09. I had one of those urges to go test drive it and see if I wanted to trade my 07 Spec B for it. This STI had a total of 75K invested into it including original purchase. It had a Cosworth built engine, stage 3 race clutch, suspension work, built in roll cage and no muffler or cats just a 3-1/2" straight pipe. From Miller I headed up 109 to Oak st. and took that to 202, turned around an headed back. That car was soo loud that the salesman and I had to yell to each other to be heard. I thought for sure that the Sanford cops would be all over us and took it easy on the trip back. As I approached 109 I put the tranny into neutral and coasted to the light. That car was still loud enough that the fireman at the fire house all came running out to see what was making all the noise.I decided it was too much of a track car for my clients to handle plus if I ever came home with that my wife would of cut my balls off. Miller kept sending me e mails reducing the price down to 29K plus putting a legal ehaust system on the car. I believe it finally sold at auction in the mid 20`s. Now there `s a bargan.

I found out the guy that owned the car traded in on a 60K Rousch stage 3 Mustang convertible and proceded to modify that car up over 700 hp.
I remember seeing that and looking at it as i road buy on the bus on the way to school every morning!

blehhh

Norm at Instant Dent Repair told me all about this exact car, even the mustang that the guy was trading it in for. I can't remember who Norm knew in that whole story, but pretty funny coming across this post.

Last edited by a moderator:

iBoost

Boost Gets You Laid
I personally saw the convertible STi. It was for sale at Ocean Subaru in New Hampshire when I went to pick up my car.

Latest posts

Back