6 Codes, Seriously

katnip

the car is black. I swear
ok so she threw a CEL Saturday, P1153, fine O2 sensor, car starts running like dogsnot this week before I can get a new sensor. Check codes today and now there are 6(2 repeats). wtf.

p0011- camshaft position actuator a - bank 1 timing over advance

p1153- bank 1 -sensor 1 o2 sensor

p0131- 02 snsor circuit lo volts bank 1 sensor 1

p0011pending

p1153pending

p0171- system too lean bank 1'

any thoughts!?

Carter

Administrator
Is the MIL/Cruise Control Light flashing at all?

Also I am not an expert at this, but if its throwing a P0011, I would assume it would also throw a P0021. First thing check timing belt as it may have skipped a couple teeth, and it might be worth while to check the AVCS banjo filter.

There are also a few if I recall TSB's out there.

See attached:

tsb 20-97-05 1.jpg

tsb 20-97-05 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Trainable

Check grounds? My wrx was randomly throwing codes followed by severe issues running, and the culprit was a bad ground.

katnip

hmm hadn't check grounds. checked for a vacuum leaks, none, cleaning maf. but did find a pin hole leak in the header
default_additional_mad2.gif
and I added 2 quarts of oil and still not on the stick
default_additional_mad2.gif
:mad2: . why change your oil when you have to add 2 quarts every tank of gas grrrrrrr. oh and my gas mileage sucks and I don't leave it running to warm up .

i-wagon

I'd be more concerned with the oil consumption, then put in an o2 snsor and see what it does

K3rn

Hookah Master
2 quarts every tank!?!? id look at the lines from the turbo my LGT did that and I wasn't losing that much oil its a start. and check your plugs or c-packs mine went and pulled up a bunch of codes too this is just what I think I might be wrong just going on what ive done

katnip

maf cleaned, new 02 going in tonight I hope. filling the oil, and we shall see from there. thanks all

katnip

I use full syn oil. used to use amsoil now using valvoline 5-30

cleaned the maf and cone filter, installed new front 02 after 40 miles still throwing the P0011-crankshaft sensor. boohiss

katnip

well that is less expensive than an engine.

Do you have a catted DP?
yes I do. Only exhaust mod is the headers. they are taking the turbo off now to see how that looks. but I am OK with an sti with 107k on the clock having compression within specs.

Latest posts

Back