67 Chevy Impala 4 door hardtop

patsti

NitrousFed
So I picked this up with TONS of spare parts the other day for pretty cheap. It was painted recently but the painter did not know how to paint... Lost of runs and overspray.

Paint is being redone to a semi gloss white and hopefully getting some baby moon hubcaps for it until I can find the wheels I want. I am thinking either 15in or 20in wire 100 spokes or 18 inch boss wheels.

Pics of car yesterday

impala.jpg

Photo0567.jpg

Pics of car today

FILE0089.jpg

FILE0086.jpg

Pics of wheels I might get

338_black_top.jpg
player_100spoke_chrome.jpg

BluWRX02

look at that POS hahaha just messing with you PAT....lets drop a new engine in this and boost it and have it swinging sideways

Ty Ty

That just doesn't seem like something you'd buy, heh.

Oh yea, I vote NO on the wire wheels.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
paint that sucka State Police blue and go have fun messing with ppl on the highway, heh every speeder on earth would feel guilty with a blue Impala in the rear view mirror!

+2 on NO SPOKES for this car. chrome spokers ....eeew, ppl would think you's a pimp. (shudders at the thought)

Last edited by a moderator:

02 WRX Chris

Id second the vote for not getting the spoke tires....it wont look good....get the boss ones!

patsti

NitrousFed
Id second the vote for not getting the spoke tires....it wont look good....get the boss ones!
Well spoke tires are dangerous I have only really seen spoked wheels...

It has a 305 v8 and a 2 speed auto... It is not fast at ALL!!! I have always liked the low rider look but not going crazy with it. I kinda like this look but white.

4866448_1967_Chevrolet_Impala.JPG

66_Impala_White_by_ygt_design.jpg

patsti

NitrousFed
I gotta finish the tune up (have everything for it) and get it on the street before I swap parts. I have a feeling I am gonna take my time on this one... My friend just had his baby this morning so the Floor/trunk/ and body work is going to be awhile. I was going to try to have it ready for the meet at Evergreen but I am not sure right now. I might just get the carb rebuilt, put a new cap and rotor on it, pluggs and wires and drive it down to the place in freeport and store it until I can get some help or my back is fixed.

I wanted to turn this into a decent car to drive on the weekends and share/give to my dad who is gonna love it.

shiro666

You might want to look at Coy's as well. They are great wheels and resonably priced. They offer them in your bolt pattern as well. Great Imp!

My '67 Camaro with Coy's C55

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^for the Coy's, they'll give a proper period look while being a noice update as well

now if the car were for Pat, he'd go for the chrome spokers. but his dad would 100% groove on the Coy's or AR Torq-Thrust or similar classic 5-spoke mag

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
true you did originally pick some similar wheels. But the Coy's aren't heavily stylized versions of the 5-spoke mag type, like those black ones you posted above.

am pretty sure your dad would be more psyched with the real deal....c'mon I can understand this--I'm a member of the right "Dad" demographic, OK ? ;>P

wzrd

very cool pat...my dad had a 63. i slammed my hand in the door so hard i cried for days....soild cars good luck.

Stein

Stein
I've never met you, but you seem like the kind of guy to buy a classic domestic. +1 for simple 5-spokers. I agree with Nigel that Torq Thrusts would look sweet.

Good luck with the car, and with the paint! I'm getting ready to rattle-can touchup mine
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back