93 octane...

JlyonsSTI

Where are the gas stations that sell 93 octane... The previous owner of my car says that it is progamed to the 91 octane map, but in the owners manual it specifically says not to run 91 in a STI. Obviousley i'd prefer to run 93 and reprogram my map.......

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Good luck with that. There are a couple in southern Maine. But I have never heard of not running 91 in an STi.

Gate4jg

This question will never die...... only way to get 93 in this state is either go to an air port or someone that sells racing fuel and water it down. Maine doesn't have it neither does the boarder towns of NH, probably its a good chance to say too that NH doesn't have it period. I still have a 6 gallon jug of strait 93 with no ethanol that I will gladly sell you for 80 bucks though.
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:

KLRSMRF

I'm starting to realize the same. I'm going to get some VP "streetblaze" and mix it with 91. I've also was told that jet/airplane fuel is not good to run in our cars so I'd look into that before I'd put any inmy car.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Twitchels airport in Turner is what comes to mind off the top of my head for 93. Not sure if that's still going on.

Honestly. Run your 91 map and get used to it.

dflwrx

Where are the gas stations that sell 93 octane... The previous owner of my car says that it is progamed to the 91 octane map, but in the owners manual it specifically says not to run 91 in a STI. Obviousley i'd prefer to run 93 and reprogram my map.......

Two things: First, if your car is mapped specifically for 91 octane it will be just fine running that as long as it's a decent tune. Secondly, the OEM STI maps are compatible with 91 octane since that's all that is available in many parts of the country. There's a tremendous amount of adaptability in the OEM maps as well as on a good reflash of the stock ECU. You shouldn't have any problems with 91 as long as the tune was done by a competent tuner.

If you're really concerned with knock prevention methanol/water injection is likely more effective and cheaper than mixing race gas with your 91. I run 27psi daily on 91octane with methanol/water injection
default_frown.gif

dflwrx

Two things: First, if your car is mapped specifically for 91 octane it will be just fine running that as long as it's a decent tune. Secondly, the OEM STI maps are compatible with 91 octane since that's all that is available in many parts of the country. There's a tremendous amount of adaptability in the OEM maps as well as on a good reflash of the stock ECU. You shouldn't have any problems with 91 as long as the tune was done by a competent tuner.

If you're really concerned with knock prevention methanol/water injection is likely more effective and cheaper than mixing race gas with your 91. I run 27psi daily on 91octane with methanol/water injection
default_frown.gif

I do miss Michigan though... 94 octane at every sunoco
default_frown.gif

AiRX

There is a Sunoco in Randolph that has 93. That's where I go every week. It is across from IGA.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
^Is it really 93? Or is it just 91 with a 93 label? Might want to check with the owner. But it would be cool if it was!! Not too far away from where I am

AiRX

^Is it really 93? Or is it just 91 with a 93 label? Might want to check with the owner. But it would be cool if it was!! Not too far away from where I am
If your asking about Randolph it's legit. They sell race fuel as well. You would not know unless you ask.

dflwrx

I will have to get specifics(i only asked about 93). The guys that use it from my work informed me of them having race fuel.

Cool, I wonder if it's 110 leaded for sleds? That's often popular in areas that get more snowfall...

Latest posts

Back