96 Ej22E, 93 Legacy Turbo 4At, Ej Radiator, Ac Bits, 2.5 Rs Front Brakes

Taiden

I have a few things for sale.

a 96 ej22e with a million miles on it and leaking like a sieve.

a 4at from a 93 legacy turbo. had 144k miles on it, got it from a junkyard

ej22e radiator

lots of random A/C bits

2.5 rs front calipers with rotors and porterfield pads. Rotors have lots of surface rust but were in excellent shape before storage.

I also have a 96 OBS with an eg33 swapped in it that just needs to be finished up. I was going to finish it and sell it, but if you are willing to pay way too much for an unfinished project because you have to have it, I'm sure we can work something out.
default_tongue.png
There are a million videos of it being put together on youtube.

Parts are located in 04107

Last edited by a moderator:

Taiden

Here's a reply I sent to someone who asked me about the OBS

it's a 96 OBS

the interior is mint but someone spilled diff fluid on the carpet. I replaced the carpet and removed all the nasty sound deadening (soaked up the gear oil) and replaced it with a Dynamat alternative.

The car has almost 300,000 miles on it, but it seems to be in pretty decent shape overall

it's a 5 speed

the engine is absolutely beautiful. So clean. I just did front and rear main seal and cam seals. Also valve cover gaskets. The timing belt on it is old. I would change that at some point. The idlers are all fine. The engine is non-interference so the only danger in running it is getting stranded in the cold.

The wiring is essentially done. Just needs to be run from the engine to wherever you want to stick the ECU.

It has a brand new exedy stage 1 clutch (NOT oem, aftermarket performance clutch). The flywheel is the ej22e and it was resurfaced by some old geezer whose blood is probably 73% cutting oil and 5% alcohol.

The struts on it were recently replaced with GR2s and they exhibit no signs of leakage.

As far as I can tell all the wheel bearings are in good shape, but one of the rear calipers is frozen. I have replacement used rear calipers that need to go on.

That should give you all the info you need. I probably forgot some things.

Oh yeah, the cooling system is 100% done. Radiator, hoses, overflow tank, radiator cap. I got some radiator fans that should fit but I haven't actually put them on it yet.

Basically 98% of the swap is already done. All the hard parts are done. The only thing left is to run the wiring, make/get a y pipe, and pray the transmission doesn't explode.

Anecdotally this thing should walk all over WRXs, make way more low end torque and top end. I'm sure you're familiar with the sound. And SVX guys claim 25-27 mpg highway, with some even claiming 30, although I doubt that.

I'm more interested in getting rid of the ej22e to be honest.

Luke

youtube.com/taiden

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back