'96 Legacy Outback $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMMayo

My friend needs to get rid of her legacy outback this week (located in South Portland). They (her and her husband) will take $200 - same price as they would get for scrap, which is where it's going but I said "noooo! I'll find someone to buy it!". All it needs is an exhaust (rusted out) and tires to pass inspection (I saw the fail sheet - that's literally it.). They were quoted $2000 to have it fixed and were given a new car from the parents instead - lucky. The only details I could get from her is that it's a 1996 Legacy Outback with 182xxx miles and it's an automatic. Don't know whether a 2.2 or a 2.5. PM me if you're interested. Husband and I would take it, but we have no space in our tiny driveway. ...I can't wait to have a house/garage/Subaru "junk" yard.

MMMayo

UPDATE: It's still for sale. It's a 2.5L that drinks a quart of oil every month or so. Owner is not sure if head gaskets were ever replaced. The driver's side door has a key broke off in it (so you have to unlock through passenger door.) The rear quarters have minor rust - one side was "repaired" last year and is beginning to rust again, but the rust passes inspection as of now. Heated seats work! 

I'm adding a finder's fee of $50 - so it's $250 total now, because this is way more of a hassle than it should be for a $200 Subaru that runs and drives. I'm just trying to get someone the deal of the year here! Take it or leave it. 

If you're SERIOUSLY interested, PM me your number and I'll send you pictures including the fail sheet. If I can't get a serious commitment by Saturday, the husband and I are buying, possibly fixing, and selling it for a profit - because it is a good deal! We just don't have that much time or space to invest in it. This is a Mainely Subarus deal only - not on craigslist.  

This would be a perfect winter beater if you have a set of spare winter tires lying around.

Matt

It's 200 bucks people!!! Buy it/ strip it/ part it out / scrap it for more than you payed and make money!!

Rmayo

That's not really the deal of the year lol
You know of any other running/driving subarus that are going for less than scrap price? Pretty good deal if you ask me... This one doesn't even need firewood to keep it together
default_tongue.png

JoshP

You know of any other running/driving subarus that are going for less than scrap price? Pretty good deal if you ask me... This one doesn't even need firewood to keep it together
default_tongue.png

It's a pretty good deal, just not deal of the year quality.  Plus the price just went up 25%
default_wink.png

MMMayo

It's a pretty good deal, just not deal of the year quality.  Plus the price just went up 25%
default_wink.png
Only because people are wasting so much of my time with a ridiculously low priced Subaru that should take zero hesitation to purchase if you're even considering.. I can't not get anything out of it at this point. Plus, I'm going to buy it and make a profit on it if nobody else does. So ya... "outbid" me.

SurlyOBS

Thanks Meg!  -For the car which came with 3/4 tank of gas, aftermarket CD player and a trailer hitch with hitch ball (good for getting pulled out of snowbanks this winter).  Not a bad car for $200 plus the finder's fee.  

It's safe to say that I'm not at all worried about what I do to this car.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back