98 LGT wagon roof racks on my 98 LGT sedan

GREASEMONKEY

--Powered By A.D.H.D.--
got the idea.... went to the junk yard and for $10 bucks brought them home and with no mods bolted them on.... I think it looks sweet!

Photo-0434.jpg

Photo-0435.jpg

Photo-0436.jpg

Photo-0437.jpg

Photo-0438.jpg

Photo-0441.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
That's badass! I want one on my car now too!

Did you have to pull the headliner and drill holes to mount it? How'd that work?

GREASEMONKEY

--Powered By A.D.H.D.--
yea def needs a basket! yup had to pull the liner down ...not all the way just let it hang down a few inches..drill and installed easy as pie..lol

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
yea def needs a basket! yup had to pull the liner down ...not all the way just let it hang down a few inches..drill and installed easy as pie..lol
So I assume it doesn't get in the way of the sunroof assembly. That's cool. After all this rain, let me know if it leaks. hahah.

Roof rack would make my car sooo much more useful, that and a trailer hitch.

So when I go to the junk yard I just get roof rack from any second gen style outback, and they'll fit?

default_cool.png

GREASEMONKEY

--Powered By A.D.H.D.--
So I assume it doesn't get in the way of the sunroof assembly. That's cool. After all this rain, let me know if it leaks. hahah.

Roof rack would make my car sooo much more useful, that and a trailer hitch.

So when I go to the junk yard I just get roof rack from any second gen style outback, and they'll fit?

default_cool.png
dose not leak or interfere with sunroof... I used sum cocking on the bolts and holes when I assembled... keep in mind there are a few different styles of roof racks that came on the wagons but they are easy to tell apart once you look at them...

.. I know there are a few sets in the freeport junkyard and the junkyard in litchfield I go to has one set left but is missing on of the caps... if you def want a set I can grab you one next time I go out.... prol tomorrow... pm me your number and ill call you from the yard to confirm you want them...

I am gonna be making a plexi glass sunroof diffuser that hooks to the front of the rack this week ill post picks on how that goes

Last edited by a moderator:

SUBARUDE

you might want to clarify which ones you used cause the outback legacy wagon and the plain legacy wagons have to diff. racks

GREASEMONKEY