'99-01 Front Struts

Stein

Stein
I'm looking for lowish mileage. I assume all trim levels of the Impreza had the same struts, but its for an OBS.

OEM or KYB GR2/AGX.

I need this by September 30th, otherwise I'm having VIP or Evergreen do it.

I also need a new front pass. axle if anybody happens to have one...

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
main diff in early GC struts is whether or not car is equipped with ABS (abs compatible struts have fitting for ABS sensor line to attach to strut body). also realize that front struts are sided...LF will not fit RF, etc

Stein

Stein
^ Yep, I knew that. And all '99-01 Imprezas have ABS from what I can tell. Otherwise, all OBSes from then have it. Thanks though.

Stein

Stein
Let me know how much
default_frown.gif

Mark

who's going to install them if you find them?

i know you/the powers that be want your car handled by a professional when it comes to any essential part, so wouldn't you just end up bringing it to a shop anyway? i say just have evergreen do it and don't worry yourself about where you're going to find a pair of mystery struts

Stein

Stein
who's going to install them if you find them?
i know you/the powers that be want your car handled by a professional when it comes to any essential part, so wouldn't you just end up bringing it to a shop anyway? i say just have evergreen do it and don't worry yourself about where you're going to find a pair of mystery struts
I was thinking either Mikey or Sergei or Evergreen (or a friend-owned shop in Lewiston), because VIP wants close to $350 in labor (plus $200 for struts, plus $85 for an axle and $70 to install the axle).

by the way i have your compass lights somewhere...
Wait, from way up North?

You rock.

Stein

Stein
Let me know when you want your $10 back
default_biggrin.png

I'm looking more for GR-2s at this point since they're cheaper than OEM. I can get them for $70 each online, so can anybody local beat that?

Matt

nate, were just out to rape you....figure most techs make 15-25hr and the shop makes 85....its crazy sometimes

make sure you have an align. after the struts.....

Stein

Stein
Still not sure I want VIP to do my struts. Thanks for the warning.

And yeah, $85+ per hour for labor is a bit intense.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
We already told you about VIP. If you know someone on here who works for a VIP, they obviously know how to work on a subaru. Request them to do it at the shop and you'll be fine. But you saw what nice things people had to say about VIP.

I don't know what EG charges for labor, but it's gonna be the same or less as VIP most likely, take it there!!! EG is teh awesomeness!!!! I was having free warranty work done to my car, and they even washed it for me! While you're waiting you can sit on a leather couch, free wireless internet, drinks, and popcorn. VIP can't beat that
default_rolleyes.gif
Besides you get 15% off parts. EGEGEGEGEGEGEGEG

Stein

Stein
Calling tomorrow to get a quote from a friend's garage. Depending on his price, its either him or Mikey. I suppose I can call EG too
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Also, I'm going to be ordering KYBs online in the next few days (bump).

Latest posts

Back