99 Legacy L Won't Start

SUBARUDE

I haven a 99 legacy 2.2L 5 spd that wont start it has 4 codes that won't go away you can clear them and not even turn the key over and they are right back and as soon as you turn the key on the coolant fans come on the codes are 108,113,117,122 the only thing I did to this car was change the steering column and I have double check all of it and even try the key switch from the other column and still no change

does anyone have any idea's

Matt

I'll look the codes up on alldata later for you. Did it by chance have an alarm in it?

SUBARUDE

no alarm all stock and I have had joel look the codes up and he said none of them are linked together and its wierd cause they wont go away but for 2 seconds

I am assuming its a bad wire some where but where to start who knows

Smiththers

I had an issue with a legacy once when someone installed a remote starter, and noticed the little green plugs that are disconnected under the dash (by default) and so he plugged them in. the car did run but had some wacky codes and the MIL blinked like crazy. Just a shot in the dark, but check that those weren't plugged in after the work was done. the only other reason I say check this is cuz the fans would run full blast under the hood when ignition was turned on.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Does your car have factory anti theft? Possible u changed something related and now car not allow start. I'm more familiar with vw and audi systems (if u replace a cluster they need to be adapted or car will not be allowed to start on vw).

Smiththers

even with factory security the only time the car wont start is if the alarm is going off, in which case on a car that old cycle the key 3 times and it should shut off.

SUBARUDE

Green plugs are not connected and I knew this one from owning enough Cobb accessports which those need to be connected to reflash the computer but thanks

I just searched the codes and found that they were for MAP sensor, Intake air temp, coolant temp, and throttle position sensor. Is there a bad connection on the computer?

SUBARUDE

its what I thought it was jason someone had their hands in there before and either had the motor out or the tranny and never plugged in the harness all the way that's why nothing was linked for codes

reached under the hood and one felt loose so I gave it a little push and click turn key and it starts right up f...ining thing now to finish the build on it hehehehehehe

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Sweet, good to hear. So when you gonna post pics of this thing? And what else you doing to it?

Latest posts

Back