A Call To Arms!!!

i-wagon

So far chat makes themobile site go down or make it so those of us who only have smartphones to get on get shut out. Worse, if I'm logged in on droid, can't get in from a computer till it gets fixed. Happened twice so far, carter was working on it

Carter

Administrator
Yes, I am working on it, but I need it enabled to diagnose it. I don't want to lock i-wagon out. I will look for a add-on chat.

scubiecraig

I never really used the chat feature that much... but it seems like it is pretty popular. The thing is, whenever I looked at it, nobody was on? I think I went in there one time and there was a total of 3 people. That was cool and I got to chat with some members. If it comes back, I'll have to take a closer look at it and chat with some of you guys!

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
So let me get this straight.. no chat because one person won't be able to get on MS on his phone...... riight..

Carter

Administrator
yes that is the impression I got. a few cant load chat on their phones, so it was dumped.
That's not it at all. He can't load the site period, the chat room is causing a problem with the entire site on mobile devices.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
What if he tried to load the regular site and not the mobile site? I've been able to post while chat was enabled.

Carter

Administrator
It's difficult to explain. On a mobile device, no matter what theme you use the chat will try to load. If there is an error with the chat it won't load the forum. This also happens with the IPS app you can download from your app store. The problem with the chat is that I have no control over it. I can enable and disable it, and that's about it. It's hosted on IPS's own servers so I can't make any changes to it.

i-wagon

If the chat is enabled and I'm logged in on my droid when it happens, I can't get on anywhere. At all. Tried it from other computers and it tries to load the messed up mobile site since that's what I was last logged in on.

Matt

Are we sure it's nothing to do with you and what you're using. No one else seems to have these issues?

i-wagon

No idea. I'm on a samsung acclaim, and leave it on and logged in all the time. Now that I tpye that, I think that may be part of it

Latest posts

Back