A camera that costs more than an STi !

patsti

NitrousFed
Is that a full frame camera? I bet it takes some really nice shots (lol what about the lenses????)

theimbalance

I would assume for that much yes you would be getting a full frame camera. It does come with an 80mm 2.8 lens fortunately. The name Hasselblad in photography is kind of like Porsche or some other highly refined make (insanely priced but for good reason, superior product) in the Automotive world, where Subies would be a Canon or Nikon (for the common folk price-wise, but still a very hard working, reliable and very well manufactured product). Hey I just realized on that if you were to spend the 38k on a camera, having buyers remorse would really suck since it's non-returnable! hahah

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I'd rather spend the money on a midrange canon SLR and spend the rest on a new car. Then again my understanding of DSLRs is put the thing on autoRAW, export to lightroom, play with sliders in lightroom. I'm sure in the right hands you could do some fancy stuff.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
The camera has a wide ISO flexibility (ISO 100-800),
all that and no night shots.? WTF?!

on a funny poverty type contrast, I got a tiny nikon 4600, orignal cost $440..(of course I never paid that,and never will)

the junk sube I have been running for four years was $500.. since that time I have put two other point and shoots in the dumpster...in all over double the orignal cost of my junk sube...the one still running.
default_banana.gif

I did see some shots taken by u.s. air force with nikon D3 ($4300)..it really does have an edge about somethng, gathering color, sharpness, and action...but that is still crazy cost.

Stein

Stein
I love how they're closed for passover.

*eyes rest of kosher-for-passover muffin, barfs in mouth*

krazykarpenter

Holy Crap. The only thing that I see that being good for is if you make wallsized photos and want them to look crisp from any distance without any pixelation; other then that I will stick with my Canon S3

Evan

its actually larger than full frame, its medium frame. that's how they can squeeze 50mp in there and still have decent pixel size that will lead to good image quality. that 80mm lens on a medium format camera will view more like a 35mm lens on common place crop frame sensors. its limited to iso 800, but i can guarantee that 97% of the time this is used its under studio lights anyway.

also, the only sales they actually make on these things are to rental houses that will rent them day by day for like $1000, and to companies that have a daily use for super high end stuff. even the LL bean catalog doesn't shoot on something like this.

$8000 is the top end of the 'normal' world, and its the studio-use nikon d3x. 24mp full frame and widely considered to be the best slr in the world. personally i would get the 12mp d3s because of its iso 102,400 capability.

ps the canon full frame studio camera is only 21mp and their high iso camera that can reach iso 102,400 isn't even full frame.

Latest posts

Back