Adjusting Suspension for diet-challenged drivers?

Runnah

Should I run a slightly stiffer setting on the driver's side? I figure the 250lbs of weight might make a difference in the way the car handles.

Or am I thinking too much?

R

redlinerally

Hmm. Good question. I can't wait to see the feedback on this!
default_wink.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Should I run a slightly stiffer setting on the driver's side? I figure the 250lbs of weight might make a difference in the way the car handles.

land rover has been setting up vehicles that way for years.

With coilovers you can adjust the spring preload to cornerweight the car with the driver's weight in the seat. This is a common pracitce for road racers and WRC cars.

Runnah

land rover has been setting up vehicles that way for years.

With coilovers you can adjust the spring preload to cornerweight the car with the driver's weight in the seat.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I wouldn't change the dampening, that may be too aggressive of a change for that weight difference. If you are seriously concerned with the slight performance edge you would gain from it, go to an adjustable spring perch type shock system (coilover).

this would allow you to corner balance the loads. Or you could contact Eibach and have them custom form you a set of springs especially for your application ($$$$$$$$$$).

Rightseat

runnah--

worrying about something else would be more constructive.

"what if I get hit with a meteorite?"

"What if a volcano pops up in my back yard?"

"What if an eagle swoops out of the sky and steals my cash bag from the pizza place?"

etc etc

Runnah

runnah--

worrying about something else would be more constructive.

"what if I get hit with a meteorite?"

"What if a volcano pops up in my back yard?"

"What if an eagle swoops out of the sky and steals my cash bag from the pizza place?"

etc etc
No worries here, I opted for the addtional Meteor/Volcano/Bird of Prey coverage on my insurence plan!

$10 a month is worth the peace of mind.

Latest posts

Back