AFC Installation and Tuning

I just recently acquired an A'pexi AFC Neo. Now, I definitely don't have the knowledge of installing it (since it piggybacks the ECU, and ECU's are expensive), and the tuning capabilities of this thing are crazy. So my question is where would the best place be to have this done? I figure a that having it installed at a dyno tuning shop would be best since they can have it strapped down and do the dyno runs while being able to tune it. I know that it would run me a couple of bills, but its would be worth it, I think. And if so, then what would be the most resonable place to have it done.

patsti

NitrousFed
its easy to install... just put it in and then set it up and take it to a shop to have tuned... I could help you if you wanted me to. (all you gotta do is tell it what type of throtle and maf/mas sensor and stuff, and cyl... It is easy to do

ralli

Pat.. you forgot to mention that taping into the wires of the ECU can be very intimidating. I put in an SAFC on my Lancer. I would a great write up that have pictures and showed all the proper pinouts and such. If you can find something like that I would highly recommmend using it. Also, solder the connections. Very important.. but try not to melt all the other wires around it ;-)

its easy to install... just put it in and then set it up and take it to a shop to have tuned... I could help you if you wanted me to. (all you gotta do is tell it what type of throtle and maf/mas sensor and stuff, and cyl... It is easy to do

Well it came with two manuals, the owners and a wireing diagram man. it had all the numbers and such for all different models. if that's what your talking about.

ralli

Some what, but to be honest I did find that rather difficult to use. I had actually found on the internet an install with nice color pictures. Also, if if money isn't too much of an issue, look into something like this: http://www.fastwrx.com/cocoecupaha.html They are out there for a wide variety of applications. It came out for the non-turbo lancer about 1 month after I had installed my SAFC.

Some what, but to be honest I did find that rather difficult to use. I had actually found on the internet an install with nice color pictures. Also, if if money isn't too much of an issue, look into something like this: http://www.fastwrx.com/cocoecupaha.html They are out there for a wide variety of applications. It came out for the non-turbo lancer about 1 month after I had installed my SAFC.
that's a pretty sweet setup... but its only for 02 and up >
default_biggrin.png

ralli

I'd search though, they may have something that is is for your ECU too.. if they had it for the non-turbo lancer they have to have it for most subies lol ;D

I'd search though, they may have something that is is for your ECU too.. if they had it for the non-turbo lancer they have to have it for most subies lol ;D
I called the company that makes them, they dont make 'em for the RS. I also asked if they plan on making it for the RS and she couldn't give me an answer. i searched online and couldn't even find another company that made 'em. oh well. >
default_frown.gif

If it is something that you've done before, i'd appreciate the help. as for the wiring, i just ordred the shop manuals on cd. so i gots it all.

Latest posts

Back