AHHH!!!! Oil galley plug leaking like crazy!(Dizastical,help!)

Car Whore

I had this put in by Dave at F1 for my Omori temp gauge.I noticed an oil smell earlier today but it went away,so I thought maybe it was the car in front or something...next light I take off and get a big whiff and realize it's me....park and smoke starts coming out from the hood.Yikes...popped the hood and looked right towards the plug area and saw a pretty good sized leak.

I'm gonna go check the oil level in a minute to see how much I've lost.No lights have come on or anything,so I think I just caught it.

I think I just want the original plug back in it,actually.This has been a PITA (I'm sure you'll agree Dave!)
default_redface.gif

Evan

whats so hard about gettin to it?

its right there :
default_wink.png

i mean, i think some vise grips would do it.

ej20latest.jpg

oh you probably have "power steering", and maybe "air conditioning", and "a wire harness"

C

chris

default_biggrin.png
we don't need no stinkin power steering

Hey! that throttle body is on backwards
default_biggrin.png

Whos DOHC is that?

Car Whore

I just realized I never replied to this and what happened.Dave and Alan ended up plugging it with some JB Weld and a different bolt.The threads got stripped.I could run the temp probe to another port but I haven't bothered yet.Dave felt bad and did try to fix it the best he could,and he even gave me a new Autometer clock because I was planning on replacing the oil temp gauge.I also got to borrow his Civic,so my car felt faster when I got it back.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back