Alignment Specs

rsalomon13

I am going to EG on Weds. to have some brakes put on and I am curious about alignment specs to ask for. They gave me an alignment when I got my tires on last week, and although the tires I got are known to tramline a little(Perelli Pzero Nero M+S), it seems like my car is doing it a lot, to the point where it is not fun on the highway at all and these are god damn all seasons.

Edit: Could this be due to the tires being new and I just need to break them in?

Edit Again: I understand that tramlining can be a trade-off for performance, but my car feels floaty, disconnected and just not "right". I can deal with normal "dartiness" but this is just odd. I almost want to invite others to come drive my car and see what they feel.

I believe it is the rear camber causing this problem but I am not sure, any insight you have would be much appreciated. I think I am going to ask for -1 all around and call it good. I had this problem before and an alignment fixed it, but I didn't get specs of said alignment:mad:.

Below are the alignment specs I have currently.

L/R

Front

Camber: -0.2/-0.3

Caster: 3.3/3.4

Toe: -0.01/0.0

SAI: 15.5/15.6

Included Angle: 15.3/15.3

Cross Camber: 0.0

Cross Caster: -0.2

Cross SAI: -0.1

Total Toe: -0.1

Rear

Camber: -1.1/-1.7

Toe: -0.01/0.0

Cross Camber: 0.6

Cross Caster: -0.2

Thrust Angle: -0.1

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

I did your alignment. It is all pretty darn close to EXACT Subaru specifications even though I believe Subaru's specs for STi front camber is quite wimpy. Maybe you need some more negative camber at the front. The rear was not adjusted because it was in spec. And those tires will want to follow and climb road crown.

I had this problem before and an alignment fixed it, but I didn't get specs of said alignment.
Have you ever got into an accident or hit a large pot hole?
The same specs have been put on hundreds of cars, even my forester than just recieved the 2.5" lowering and STI alignment.

You got you car at Patriot. Did you get the other alignment there? They will have the print out.

Last edited by a moderator:

rsalomon13

I haven't been in an accident but I have hit a few large pot holes.

The alignment I got was done at Sullivan Tire. I called and they cannot find the specs. When I am up tomorrow maybe I can have you ar someone else take it for a spin and see what you think.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
check your innner tie rod ends, if they are loose it makes tramlining worse

I have 225/50 PZero Neros and tired tie rods, heh I bet ppl following beind might think i'm drunk drivin at times
default_additional_sillylol.gif

new tie rod ends are in the near future.

inski

cool beans!

I'd like to re-phrase what I said about the rear camber difference. The way we drive them it is important but not nearly as important as the front. In the rear as long as both sides are complimenting eachother, like both negative, things are 'ok', but yes its not perfect and its driven wheels so it could be better but yours needs the cam bolts to get there.

We had mixed results with the cam bolts. A couple of the auto-xers have had them bounced out of place on the front, as well as a couple crash cars we've had. But many have been fine with the cam bolts forever. I'm guessing cam bolts in the rear have a better chance of staying put for a long time.

Latest posts

Back